News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Christian Anger Management Fail

Started by Recusant, January 07, 2016, 11:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

To be fair, this woman was provoked by somebody flaunting his unforgivable sin.

"Woman beats disabled man with his own cane for saying he doesn't believe in God: police" | Raw Story

QuoteA Kentucky woman was arrested on accusations she beat a disabled man with his metal cane until it broke, because he said he didn't believe in God, WDRB reports.

Laura Reid, 49, was visiting the victim in his home, and at one point she asked him if he believed in God, police told the station. The man jokingly replied he didn't. Reid became so enraged by his answer that she allegedly picked up his metal cane and beat him over the head and body. She then robbed him.

[Continues . . .]

I'm sure that Jesus will forgive her.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

"She then robbed him"

I don't know why but I found that incredibly funny. In for a penny in for a pound I guess.
Retired member.

Icarus

It is not clear that the woman was a religious fanatic or a miserable thief.  If she was both a devout Jesus person and also a thief, that does present a problem. On the other hand she gets away with it in the eyes of the lord because the bible says that confession and repentance cancels all responsibility for bad behavior.

Recently there was another case in which a woman shot another women in the eye because the victim had the audacity to doubt the existence of god.  We heathens may be better advised to stay in the closet because a few of those Christians will be only too pleased to maim or kill us. They do have us hopelessly outnumbered. (sigh)

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on January 08, 2016, 12:20:39 AM
"She then robbed him"

I don't know why but I found that incredibly funny. In for a penny in for a pound I guess.
This.

Well, if she aspires to be a good soldier to her lord, then the vic is lucky that she neglected to rape his women and salt his garden. Although I hear salting gardens takes care of some snail-related issues and some people do have rape fantasies...

...What was I talking about?

Ah, yes! She was doing it wrongly.

Oh! And having read that unforgivable sin article, I fear my IQ has suffered a temporary drop of at least 40 points.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

The unforgivable sin link has its own link that is part of the site. It is quiz of the week deal. This weeks quiz asked what new years resolution should a Christian make.  I can think of all sorts of cute appropriate answers but I expect that they would cause me to be banned.  ;D

Recusant

I hope you don't mind Icarus--I've moved your post on the shenanigans in Kentucky to an existing thread on the topic.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

^ Don't mind at all. Someone has to keep the forum running with some semblance of order. 

While I am on this, Let me tip my glass to Recusant, xSP, Tank, and whomever else is quite visibly working toward keeping our beloved forum in business. A few of you are doing more than your fair share of work to keep us afloat. I herewith acknowledge that fact and sincerely thank you for the effort.   

OldGit

Recusant

Thanks! Mustn't forget the Argillaceous One, who has only recently taken care of the maintenance operation for the site, having brought it back from internet limbo.  :)
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean Prime

Icarus

The Asmo has neither been forgotten or given less grateful credit for having been so heroically a rescuer. All hail the gray one.