News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Extreme Fundieism Quotes

Started by Will, June 11, 2008, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salladin

Quote from: "Asmodean"Haha! So he was an atheist... And just started reading the Bible because some fundie told him it was a path to happiness? I thought nearly every atheist over the age of... 10 knew that the Bible was just a book. A collection of stories made by desert people, many of which revolve around the only real commodity in desert - water. oO(No wonder my country is so agnostic/apatheist - water is one thing we have a lot of.)

Anyways, if you are looking for some good religious fanatic crap, here, have a look at this movie called "Jesus Camp." It makes for a good laugh/target practice, depending on how you look at it :-)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... igKi-4W9DA

Jesus, I needed a cigarette after that.

Jolly Sapper

I think I've seen Jesus Camp, and if I remember correctly it was less funny that it was scary and sad.

Smallville

My best one involved an ex-sister-in-law. During the course of a family dinner (at my own house) I made an apparent discouraging remark about something she quoted from the Bible. (Sorry, but I don't remember what that was now.)

She reached into her handbag, thrust her King James Bible into my face and said, "How can you deny the truth in the Word of God?"

Using the appropriate finger to lower the book from in front of me I said, "Because I've read it from Genesis through Revelation. Have you?"

She and her family left and hasn't spoken to me since. Best damned 20 years of my life so far.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

susangail

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"I think I've seen Jesus Camp, and if I remember correctly it was less funny that it was scary and sad.
I couldn't laugh. I think I may have cried at one point though. It scared the shit out of me more than anything.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

myleviathan

FRESH FROM THE CHRISTIAN FORUMS:

In response to the following Bible verse:

Deuteronomy 21:10, which states: "10 When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her."

QuoteGod wasn't making provisions for Israeli men to rape women. He was making provisions for the protection of foreign women from His own people.

:pop:

Yes - right after the women's families were annihiliated. Wowee wee wau.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

afreethinker30

The worst one I've heard is someone saying Hitler was atheist.Of course it's easy to comment on something you know nothing about.Friggin idoits.But I kinda feel sad for these people seeing how they will eventually kill themselves off.They are so busy pissing everyone off and getting into war over these books.Freethinkers need to get together and start their own country.Science and tech abound.Oh what a dream  :)