News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

I CAN'T DECIDE!!

Started by MadBomr101, December 29, 2015, 05:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Quote from: TankWhat is the mileage per litre?

About 20% less than on petrol under the same conditions, but it's still a great deal cheaper overall.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on January 17, 2016, 09:42:34 AM
Quote from: TankWhat is the mileage per litre?

About 20% less than on petrol under the same conditions, but it's still a great deal cheaper overall.
That's what I was wondering. So adjusted price for efficiency would be 62p/L or about 40% cheaper per mile.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Icarus on January 17, 2016, 06:07:59 AM
Why is petrol so much more expensive in Europe and the UK. That is a world market driven product whose prices are subject to the whims of the buyers/sellers of crude oil.  Perhaps a much larger tax is leveled on petrol in Europe and UK? 

I'd also say people here tend to drive less. Certainly from my experience of the usa, people drive everywhere as often nothing is within easy walking distance. Here, I walk to the local shops, post office,  bank etc. It's also possible to get public transport to a lot of places.  It's often easier (though not necessarily cheaper) to get a train to another city rather than drive.