News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Mr. B on February 23, 2022, 02:06:36 AM
Nobody needs LSD. Or alcohol or nicotine or chocolate or caffine or heroine or cocain or THC or bread or butter or cow's milk.

There are only a very few things we acutally need.

1. Clean air
2. Clean water
3. Clean food
4. Shelter
5. Health care

Unfortunately all of which require money.

Sadly, it seems to be "pick 3" from that list of 5 for most of the world's population. I have 3 of 5, myself. Clean air and clean water would be good, but I shouldn't bitch too much, as the water and air are only dirty by 1st world standards. My shelter and health care are fine, but now I consider it, my food leaves something to be desired, what with pesticides. Still, I have it way better than most of the people on the planet. No brag, just fact.

Icarus

Just thinking about our past and present...........

Icarus

Tom62

I do hope that the Democrats find another presidential candidate in time. This mumbling old fool doesn't have a chance.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

It's truly horrifying to see this man standing for POTUS.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

I think that there should be a maximum age limit for politicians. People supposed to retire when they are 65-67 years old, so that should also be a decent retirement age for politicians. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Anne D.

I don't understand people's beef with Biden. Yeah, he's old, but he gets shit done: American Rescue Plan, the infrastructure bill, the CHIPS Act (supporting U.S. semiconductor manufacturing), the first gun safety measure in decades, electoral reform to prevent another January 6, ramming through almost as many judicial appointments as trump (but with sane judges this time)--not to mention rebuilding the U.S. reputation internationally. And where's the great alternative candidate? Biden has his problems, but he stepped in to save the U.S. when it was on the brink of collapse from Trump's chaotic mismanagement. The man deserves a medal, not derision.

Dark Lightning

::)

Here's the actual interview, not just vicious outtakes made to make him look bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmekpMxhFmg

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Of course the video is heavily edited to highlight Biden's senility. Similar creative video editing can be found in videos about Trump to put Trump in a bad daylight. So if it is OK to bash Trump it should also be OK to bash Biden, especially since the mainstream media protects Biden enormously.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

biden has accomplished a lot. anne mentionex a few.

hes failed in things too, but on the balance hes done well, imo. he betrayed thr labour unions on the rairoad strike, but everybody betrays unions these days.

the fact that therje is no upcoming  generation older than AOC is a pproblem. i dont know where the l eft will be in 10 years.

atm there is no one else to combat trumps chaos and revenge agenda. right now. sad to say. but thats the truth.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tom62 on July 02, 2023, 08:17:01 PMOf course the video is heavily edited to highlight Biden's senility. Similar creative video editing can be found in videos about Trump to put Trump in a bad daylight. So if it is OK to bash Trump it should also be OK to bash Biden, especially since the mainstream media protects Biden enormously.

Well, actually, not. Just look at the video you posted. How can you possibly say Biden gets a free ride, when videos like this exist? Maybe you prefer the chump's inflammatory rhetoric? The guy's a Nazi, all the earmarks are there. Just go and look at his worshipper's iconography, like at the January 6th insurrection. Nazi flags and "Stars and Bars" battle flags from the US' Civil War, which are the "underground" signal to people who are Nazis. Guys like Richard Spencer actually lead meetings where he says, "Heil Trump!" at the end of said meetings. IMO, the chump should already be in prison.

MarcusA

He will skip around you. They all do.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tom62

Apparently 68% of all American voters worry about Biden's mental and physical health.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

Quote from: Tom62 on July 05, 2023, 11:07:18 AMApparently 68% of all American voters worry about Biden's mental and physical health.

I do not agree that Biden is incompetent. He is old and tired and has less appeal than a younger person may have. He is sill better than the the opposition. That said, I would prefer that he not run for president in 2024.

In a perfect world we would select a candidate who is extraordinarily intelligent, even tempered, displays rational judgements, has enormous debating skills, and is less than 60 years old. My candidate who satisfies those features is Pete Buttegeig. No way in hell he could be elected because he is openly gay. Too many of my fellow voters are seriously narrow minded about such stuff.Also,my countries voters would be intimidated by a candidate who has a clearly superior intellect.

Another possibility is Representative Jamie Raskin. He is not as sophisticated as Buttegeig but he is a shrewd, articulate, and mostly sensible politician.

My preferred political party may be doomed to failure I fear. To hell with it all. I would move to Finland except that this tropical guy is not happy in wicked cold weather. Besides the Finns might not let me in.