News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want

Started by Pasta Chick, December 19, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I think that movie looks pretty good. I read a book a log time ago that had a bit about the building of the first Death Star, but it was a very long time ago so I my memories of it are very prone to flaws. I think I remember that most of the scientists/engineers that developed it, did so under duress and that them rebelling was to leak out the main weakness of it to the rebels. It seems that they might be keeping to that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Guardian85

Definetly stoked to see that!

Only gripe I might have with the movie is that "Rogue 1" has, to Star Wars fans, used to refer to something else.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Judging by the trailer, they may have gone the Die Hard 4 way... If that be the case, I will probably give it up mid-way. Still, I'll have a look.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

:grin: I've been on a goofy movieclip watching spree this morning...

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I got an ad for Rouge One on spotify, it went like this:

"They call it the death star"

"Rated PG-13"

I don't know if I want a star wars movie every year, that's just pushing it. What I do find fascinating is the DnD style RPG book for star wars I found on 4shared. I never played DnD myself but I figure I might as well start off with something I like if I were to ever get into something like a table-top RPG.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

BF and I have taken the 16th off for a movie date  ;D

Pasta Chick

Tickets purchased!!

Will be at a 3PM showing on Fri. Because I can't talk my 26 year old BF into staying up past midnight.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 04, 2016, 10:24:19 PM
Tickets purchased!!

Will be at a 3PM showing on Fri. Because I can't talk my 26 year old BF into staying up past midnight.

He's become an old man  :snicker:

I may actually see it if someone I know wants to go. It is Star Wars after all.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Ticket has been purchased and work schedule altered to facilitate the viewing of Rogue One on the 14th.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Apathy on December 04, 2016, 11:29:56 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 04, 2016, 10:24:19 PM
Tickets purchased!!

He's become an old man  :snicker:

I may actually see it if someone I know wants to go. It is Star Wars after all.

He's 5 years younger than me!

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Interesting playlist here if you are really nerdy like me.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbKF6g9wDZSEiQZ2kjrqr15kY0RRn-H6V

This is the guy who inspired me to talk about martial arts but he does it WAY better in these videos. He's basically talking about the real world influences into the on screen versions of Jedi and packages it into a usable product. I would suggest watching from the bottom of the playlist up as the whole thing is backwards and he references other videos later on.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Some funny stuff here: "#DumpStarWars protesters demand that Rogue One be a safe space" | A.V. Club

QuoteRogue One: A Star Wars Story hasn't even premiered yet, but the film's already getting it from all sides. Earlier this week, reports surfaced that white supremacists intended to boycott the movie because they simply couldn't bear the strain of seeing someone who doesn't look like them up on the big screen (no idea what that feels like). And even if that Reddit-born initiative flails, there's a new hope for the intolerant, as Mashable reports that Donald Trump supporters are calling for a separate boycott over claims that the reshoots were done to shoehorn some anti-Trump scenes. This is complete bullshit, of course, but misinformation or a lack of information never stopped the president-elect, so why would it give his supporters any pause?

[Continues . . .]

Damned Hollywood libruls!  :grrr:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Pasta Chick

Well, the movies are notably anti-totalitarian, so I guess I can see how a Trump supporter would be offended.

The Empire is pretty explicitly human supremacist in EU, if not specifically white supremacist. It doesn't get much attention in the OT, but a bit more in the prequels.