News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Ark Park A-Building

Started by Recusant, November 13, 2015, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeler

Being that this thing is only an hour and a half away from me I know a few people who have visited it. They all come away amazed. I've even heard of a few that are now buying into the young earth craziness because of it.
Wow.

Tank

Quote from: Steeler on August 03, 2016, 05:46:46 AM
Being that this thing is only an hour and a half away from me I know a few people who have visited it. They all come away amazed. I've even heard of a few that are now buying into the young earth craziness because of it.
Wow.
I wonder how many go the other way and just keep quite about it?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yes, but will it float? The Asmo, He notes with dismay a suspicious lack of a suitable body of water near the dry dock for field testing.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on August 03, 2016, 11:51:52 AM
Yes, but will it float? The Asmo, He notes with dismay a suspicious lack of a suitable body of water near the dry dock for field testing.  >:(
They didn't test the 'original' either. The water came to it, it didn't go to the water  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Hm.  >:( Well, The Asmo is GOD, and He ith considereth a FLOOD.  >:(

...At least, rent a few hundred thousand animals, walk over there and demand a field capacity test. Even offer to pay damage and cleaning if the test succeeds. I need to borrow vast sums of money and sleep with a few dozen zoo directors.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Steeler

Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2016, 06:26:49 AM
Wow.

Good question. Probably not many though, since they have to pay to come aboard I'd say their minds are already headed in that direction. Lol

Recusant

It's a relatively expensive ticket, too. You're required to park in their lot ($10.00), then for adults it's $40.00, children aged 5 to 12 $28.00, "seniors" 59 and older $31.00 (source).
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Steeler on August 03, 2016, 12:58:47 PM
Wow.

Good question. Probably not many though, since they have to pay to come aboard I'd say their minds are already headed in that direction. Lol

I agree with you about the ones that are paying. I'm hoping the teenage 'drag alongs' might just have the seeds of doubt sown in their minds.

Steeler

Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2016, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: Steeler on August 03, 2016, 12:58:47 PM
Wow.

I agree with you about the ones that are paying. I'm hoping the teenage 'drag alongs' might just have the seeds of doubt sown in their minds.

Yes hopefully so. Maybe they will see it for what it is, a big money maker. Nothing more.

Ecurb Noselrub

Are there any evolution theme parks?  I can think of some fun rides: Natural Ejection!! - the rider is put on a trebuchet and hurled into the next geologic age.  Random Teenage Mutation!!!   The rider is is put in a low-rider and sent through a mock South Chicago, where he is attacked by gangs of zombie youths - survival of the fittest.   The Origin of Feces!!!!  A simulated ride through the sewers of Dhaka, Bangladesh.   

Steeler

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 04, 2016, 03:13:47 AM
Are there any evolution theme parks?  I can think of some fun rides: Natural Ejection!! - the rider is put on a trebuchet and hurled into the next geologic age.  Random Teenage Mutation!!!   The rider is is put in a low-rider and sent through a mock South Chicago, where he is attacked by gangs of zombie youths - survival of the fittest.   The Origin of Feces!!!!  A simulated ride through the sewers of Dhaka, Bangladesh.   

Great idea! Let's make it happen. You handle the funding, I got the engineering!

Kekerusey

I read somewhere recently it was a financial disaster.

If so, good.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

joeactor

There's the Darwineum in Germany:

(I've never been, but my voice has ;-) )

Sandra Craft

Quote from: joeactor on August 24, 2016, 08:33:07 PM

There's the Darwineum in Germany:

(I've never been, but my voice has ;-) )

That is such a cool thing to have on your resume.

Re: the Ark Park.  I agree it would have been much more interesting if it had been built according to biblical specs, as much as possible, using the technology of the era.  That would have actually been educational.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

joeactor

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 25, 2016, 01:25:21 AM
That is such a cool thing to have on your resume.

Re: the Ark Park.  I agree it would have been much more interesting if it had been built according to biblical specs, as much as possible, using the technology of the era.  That would have actually been educational.

(thanks!)

Agreed on the biblical specs... however - if built according to specs with the proper tech, it probably would have collapsed under it's own weight.  (also, it would have been obvious that you couldn't get all those animals on board)