News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

existentialcrisis

I used to believe the adage that trump was a mindless buffoon. I am far from a Trump fan, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. He is extremely smart and played us all. I saw an episode with Bill Maher where he brought on a man who studied trump for 30 years.

Trump is a master at persuasion.

1. Confirmation bias: He puts names in front of adversaries to destroy them. Crooked Hillary. Then heartless Hillary. People had to choose if she was more crooked are heartless!! As soon as he said low energy Bush, Jeb was out the same week.

2. Master of illusion: His lies don't stick because he denies them. We want a strong leader that makes up facts, his own reality and does what he wants.

3. Vague, a floating target with policies he doesn't pin down. Nothing to attack because they aren't there.

As despicable as he may seem, he outsmarted America. Learn from him if you want to learn the art of persuasion.
There are no facts, only interpretations. - Friedrich Nietzche

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason. - Benjamin Franklin.

Recusant

Quote from: existentialcrisis on December 07, 2016, 09:40:40 PM
I used to believe the adage that trump was a mindless buffoon.

Not mindless, but a buffoon none the less.

Quote from: existentialcrisis on December 07, 2016, 09:40:40 PMI am far from a Trump fan, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. He is extremely smart and played us all. I saw an episode with Bill Maher where he brought on a man who studied trump for 30 years.

I think you're going too far here. He hasn't shown any convincing signs that he's "extremely smart." Probably somewhat above average intelligence, but not by much; I think a more apt description would be "clever."

Quote from: existentialcrisis on December 07, 2016, 09:40:40 PMTrump is a master at persuasion.

1. Confirmation bias: He puts names in front of adversaries to destroy them. Crooked Hillary. Then heartless Hillary. People had to choose if she was more crooked are heartless!! As soon as he said low energy Bush, Jeb was out the same week.

2. Master of illusion: His lies don't stick because he denies them. We want a strong leader that makes up facts, his own reality and does what he wants.

3. Vague, a floating target with policies he doesn't pin down. Nothing to attack because they aren't there.

As despicable as he may seem, he outsmarted America. Learn from him if you want to learn the art of persuasion.

He's a well-practiced con man who's honed his skills for decades, I wouldn't argue against that. There's a difference between "persuade" and "swindle," however.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

I wouldn't say learn from him to learn the art of persuasion. You would have to have something wrong with you to want to be like that man. I would say learn his tactics to know when you are being played however, and then counter it with your own strategy, if you have one. If not, run away, run very far away.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

existentialcrisis

Quote from: Apathy on December 08, 2016, 05:10:17 AM

You would have to have something wrong with you to want to be like that man.

It's human nature. Read the will to power. The human species is not much different from other animals in that we compete for resources and are hierarchical in nature.
There are no facts, only interpretations. - Friedrich Nietzche

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason. - Benjamin Franklin.

Recusant

So much for the "anti-establishment" baloney that so many Trump voters swallowed whole. How much more establishment can you get than lifetime politicians, big money, big oil, and the military? Of course I'm talking about Trump's choices for his Cabinet. So it goes.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

On a lighter note: Trump has a newly opened hotel in the middle of Washington DC that he could be staying in right now, and the government is paying for offices to house his transition team in the city as well, but instead of using those offices, he's holding court in Trump Tower in New York City. So . . .

"New York should seize Trump Tower" | The Washington Post

QuoteThe challenges of securing this 58-story building in a high-density neighborhood will, by Inauguration Day alone, drain $35 million of local taxpayer money. Who knows the additional costs to commerce and property values?

The feds have thus far been stingy about footing the bill. Fortunately, I've come up with a solution that should warm the cockles of the president-elect's heart: New York should use eminent domain to seize Trump Tower.

[. . .]

Eminent domain — the constitutionally enshrined government power to take private property in exchange for just compensation — was traditionally reserved for road-and-school-style public projects. But thanks to a 2005 Supreme Court ruling, perpetuating a line of earlier decisions, governments may now use this power to condemn property if they can devise virtually any use that better promotes "economic development" — kicking out poor people and building luxury condos, for example.

On both left and right, almost everyone hated that ruling.

But not Donald Trump.

Trump loves eminent domain, especially this ruling. He thinks it's wonderful. And there's no question why: Throughout his career, Trump has lobbied governments to seize properties from those who refuse to sell when he wants to build amusement parks, golf courses, office buildings and parking lots on their land. He believes expansive use of eminent domain is necessary to promote economic growth and "beautification," and that it's even a good deal for property owners who don't want to sell.

"When eminent domain is used on somebody's property, that person gets a fortune," he has declared.

[. . .]

The city doesn't need to prove that Trump Tower is derelict to declare it "blighted"; the mere fact that it's hindering traffic, impeding commerce and draining the public fisc could be sufficient.

[Continues . . .]

Related: "Trump Tower security is costing nearby businesses" | CNN << Page includes obnoxious CNN autoplay video

QuoteThe city surveyed 50 businesses in the shadow of the president-elect's home and found that 80% are losing business because of decreased foot traffic. Half describe the impact as severe.

Two-thirds of the businesses project lower revenues, and about a quarter are worried about making rent, according to a report Monday from Scott Stringer, the city comptroller. A quarter are considering pay cuts, and 12% are considering laying off workers, relocating or closing entirely.

The Secret Service and New York police have cordoned off the sidewalk in front of the tower, in midtown Manhattan, and set up barricades along nearby blocks.

Tourists and holiday shoppers have to navigate the extra security to get to stores, restaurants and bars. The neighborhood is typically mobbed by shoppers right before the holidays.

[Continues . . .]

— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Also, Trump now gets to inherit the most privacy invasive and powerful snooping tools of all time.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Also, while this is only a small sampling, I hope it's a feeling that most Trump voters are experiencing right now.

https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2016, 03:39:08 PM
Also, while this is only a small sampling, I hope it's a feeling that most Trump voters are experiencing right now.

https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/

Just goes to emphasise that, "You're a special kind of stupid..." meme.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-The-Electoral-College

Linked the above in case any Americans here are interested in changing the electoral college system - presumably to prevent future Trumping.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on December 14, 2016, 08:27:51 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-The-Electoral-College

Linked the above in case any Americans here are interested in changing the electoral college system - presumably to prevent future Trumping.
I don't know...  :unsure:
I just watched this:  :worried:
Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2016, 02:03:04 PM
Also, Trump now gets to inherit the most privacy invasive and powerful snooping tools of all time.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

I can begin to imagine what the right would make of a left candidates connection with an evil Russian tyrant.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 15, 2016, 01:24:44 PM
I can begin to imagine what the right would make of a left candidates connection with an evil Russian tyrant.
Well, just look at how a big a deal they made over pretty boring emails with nothing in them and then extrapolate.

Pasta Chick

Look at the deal they made of a blowjob that happened 20 years to someone else entirely.

Harmonie

There is a noticeable silence from the Republicans on my FB who went on and on and on about Hillary couldn't be trusted because of the emails. They talk up big storms about how scandalous and a threat to security that was, but then this happens, they have nothing to say. Funny.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony