News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

The Asmo too shall try this Magic Spray Tan which makes people not see the evilness of it all...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2016, 07:17:54 PM
The Asmo too shall try this Magic Spray Tan which makes people not see the evilness of it all...

I was wondering, is my eyesight deceiving me or did the Asmo become a shade of orange?  :scratch:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Yes, but does He seem more... Good? And trustworthy? And... Presidential? :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2016, 07:26:40 PM
Yes, but does He seem more... Good? And trustworthy? And... Presidential? :smilenod:

Um...he looks like he's grumpy because he spent too much time in the sun.

Whoops! Did I say that out loud?  :-X

Yes, oh Grey, I mean Orange one. :smilenod: 

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2016, 07:26:40 PM

I just can't trust bald.

Perhaps a terrible combover, or toupee?

Asmodean

:headscratch:

...An orange combover-toupée though, no?

A Salmon-based sushi of some kind, perhaps?  :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

Matt Groening suggests a small dog

xSilverPhinx

joeactor

xSilverPhinx

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on November 11, 2016, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2016, 12:46:29 PM

So... Who we gonna call?!?!?
It's too late to call anyone, now everyone has to step up and become more politically active. There is a chance to limit the damage in two years when we can vote again. Typically, conservatives come out in droves in those elections while liberals sit it out. But it's even more important this time. Also, politicians tend to listen to large amounts of voices, so having everyone voicing their opinions can sway most of them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

In the days before the election, I quietly tried to steel myself for a Trump presidency. Despite the polls that showed Clinton in the lead, I've never trusted the American public to choose a decent president since they decided to ditch Carter and elect fucking Ronald Reagan instead. I'm not saying that Clinton would have been a decent president--that's something we'll never get to learn. Nor am I saying that I thought Trump would win, but I definitely knew that he could win.

The list of crap that could come down in the next few years is daunting enough to put any sensible person into a severe funk. But, if nothing else, Trump is a colossal liar. So what he said and what will happen are going to be two very different things. That's not much to hang a bit of hope on, but it's something.

The story below isn't heartening in any way, but it may begin to clue in those who voted for Trump that they've been had by a completely unscrupulous grifter: "Donors and lobbyists already shaping Trump's 'drain the swamp' administration" | Washington Post

QuoteThe chant echoed through Donald Trump's boisterous rallies leading up to Election Day: "Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!"

"We are fighting for every citizen that believes that government should serve the people, not the donors and not the special interests," the billionaire real estate developer promised exuberant supporters at his last campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.

But just days later, there is little evidence that the president-elect is seeking to restrain wealthy interests from having access and influence in his administration.

It's not just corporate lobbyists who are playing early, visible roles in the new power structure. Some of Trump's biggest political donors are shaping the incoming administration, including Rebekah Mercer, a daughter of billionaire Robert Mercer, who is figuring prominently in behind-the-scenes discussions, according to people familiar with the transition.

Mercer is among four major donors appointed by Trump Friday to a 16-person executive committee overseeing his transition.

[Continues . . .]

Make no mistake. This is just a little taste of how a Trump presidency will expose just how thoroughly he's duped those who supported him. But I won't be surprised if they decide to re-elect him, either.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Only time will tell of how Trump will guide the USA to better times ;). I'm already happy when he turns out to be as "good" as Ronald Reagan.
The downfall of Carter was the hostage crisis in Iran. Would he' have succeeded to liberate the hostages then the American people, would have reelected him. Ronald Reagan was perhaps a crook (Iran-contra affair), but a very charming one. He had guts and what I truly like about him is that he helped bringing down the Berlin Wall.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein