Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Icarus

joeactor

Statues of Donald Trump (nude) are popping up in various cities (NYC, SF, Cleveland, LA)

It's called "The Emperor Has No Balls" by the artist.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/someone-put-up-a-naked-statue-of-donald-trump-in-union-square-today-081816

NSFW:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Icarus

OOOOH!! That is dirty pool, and  my sides are aching from unbridaled laughter. Do you think that Hillary had anything to do with that? She will be blamed for it no matter what.  The Donald statue has a teeny weenie to lend further credibility to Marco Rubio's celebrated postulate.

The joke is almost too much, but it does give some credence to the notion that when a rival group is too much maligned by the head honcho of the other party, there may be some serious and humiliating consequences.  Our first amendment is in full bloom.

The Donald's response is anxiously awaited.  ::)

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on August 19, 2016, 12:25:58 AM
OOOOH!! That is dirty pool, and  my sides are aching from unbridaled laughter. Do you think that Hillary had anything to do with that? She will be blamed for it no matter what.  The Donald statue has a teeny weenie to lend further credibility to Marco Rubio's celebrated postulate.

The joke is almost too much, but it does give some credence to the notion that when a rival group is too much maligned by the head honcho of the other party, there may be some serious and humiliating consequences.  Our first amendment is in full bloom.

It does go a bit far for a joke, but I believe that open mockery is a tool that should be used in extreme situations. Where are the jesters?

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on August 19, 2016, 01:08:18 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 19, 2016, 12:25:58 AM

It does go a bit far for a joke, but I believe that open mockery is a tool that should be used in extreme situations. Where are the jesters?
It was the fools in old courts who had the ability to question authority. A fool had t8 be more intelligent and wiser than his master and be able to offer his advice in rhyme or riddle.

And he had to be tight every time - his life relied on it.

Now, being wiser than the Trump is a fairly easy task.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on August 15, 2016, 03:12:05 PM
QuoteI think we're headed for South America...
Blimey, but what real choice do you have there. Between murders, drugs, hatred of the US, failed economies, dreadful poverty, lack of basic stuff . . .

That's quite a picture you've painted of South America. :eyebrow:

We're half a continent, made up of many countries, each with their own characteristics. Not everyone is afflicted with those kinds of problems. Lack of basic stuff? Such as what? Failed economies? Brazil is the 8th economy in the world. And so on.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 19, 2016, 09:57:06 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 15, 2016, 03:12:05 PM
QuoteI think we're headed for South America...
Blimey, but what real choice do you have there. Between murders, drugs, hatred of the US, failed economies, dreadful poverty, lack of basic stuff . . .

That's quite a picture you've painted of South America. :eyebrow:

We're half a continent, made up of many countries, each with their own characteristics. Not everyone is afflicted with those kinds of problems. Lack of basic stuff? Such as what? Failed economies? Brazil is the 8th economy in the world. And so on.
True, xSP and appologise for splashing the brush wide.

But, surely you have to admit that Brazil still has its problems of violence and dysfunctional local economies. I also seem to remember that your country was even further up the economic ladder not so long ago, definitely the "B" in "BRICK". But one can blame global economics for some of that.

Anyway, don't come to Britland either, we are teetering on the edge of the pan!

And, fair does, barring the funding problems for the Paralympics, Brazil has made a better job of the games than most expected. Let's hope that there are some beneficial after effects.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

:secrets1: Gloucester, I told you people from all over the world came here, didn't I?

This just came to mind...
Someone should ask Trump if he still plans to erect a wall to "protect" North America. If he says, yes, then the wall will be between Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize.  :lol:

Oh, geography is such a wonderful thing.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

With Trump's latest choices for his campaign, it's clear that he's putting all his eggs in the angry white bigot/crypto-bigot basket.

"Alt Right Rejoices at Donald Trump's Steve Bannon Hire" | The Daily Beast

QuoteDonald Trump's campaign is under new management—and his white nationalist fanboys love it.
The campaign's new chief executive, Stephen Bannon, joins from Breitbart News—where he helped mainstream the ideas of white nationalists and resuscitate the reputations of anti-immigrant fear-mongers.

White nationalists today invest a lot of energy worrying about growing Hispanic and Muslim populations in the U.S. Turns out, Breitbart News spends a lot of time worrying about those things, too. And in Bannon, they see a media-friendly, ethno-nationalist fellow traveler.

"Latterly, Breitbart emerged as a nationalist site and done great stuff on immigration in particular," VDARE.com editor Peter Brimelow told The Daily Beast.

VDare is a white supremacist site. It's named after Virginia Dare, the first white child born to British colonists in North America. Brimelow said he and Bannon met briefly last month and exchanged pleasantries about each other's work.

"It's irritating because VDARE.com is not used to competition," Brimelow added. "I presume that is due to Bannon, so his appointment is great news."

Brimelow isn't the only prominent white nationalist to praise the Bannon hire. Richard Spencer, who heads the white supremacist think tank National Policy Institute, said he was also pleased. Under Bannon's leadership, Breitbart has given favorable coverage to the white supremacist Alt Right movement. And Spencer loves it.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

So, there was Tony Perkins' house getting damaged, but the disastrous weather did bring something good his way. Jesus looks after his own, or something.

"BUSTED: Trump's $100K 'Donation' Went To Anti-Gay Hate Group, NOT Flood Victims" | Occupy Democrats

QuoteRepublican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been working overtime to turn the devastating floods currently engulfing the state of Louisiana into an image rehabilitation opportunity, visiting the state against the wishes of Governor John Bel Edwards for photo-ops of him handing out supplies that he didn't donate and making a sizable donation to relief funds after the state's residents loudly called for him to do so.

Except it turns out that Trump did not donate $100,000 to an aid relief organization; instead he gave it to a church headed by Pastor Tony Perkins, the leader of a hate group of virulent anti-choice and anti-gay religious extremists known as the Family Research Council.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

How much is Hillary paying Trump?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on August 23, 2016, 06:55:39 AM
How much is Hillary paying Trump?

We won't know until after her second term...

Icarus

VP Biden went to Latvia for a joint meeting with the three Baltic states. The purpose was to assure the heads of those states that Trumps remarks about abandoning some of the NATO allies was bullshit.

We have to fly our VP half way around the world just to cover some loose lipped stupidity from the Donald???

Does Donald even know that those tiny states, after 9-11, were first in line to go with us to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq? There are still some of their soldiers in those middle eastern hellholes right along side our men and women. Do we not owe them some respect and loyalty for that?

joeactor