News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on July 28, 2016, 09:04:12 PM
I don't think Comedy Central videos will play in the UK at all without some jiggering. I can offer advice regarding that in a PM if you wish.
Yes, please.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Trevor Noah is a hoot. Loved it .

Dave

Seems the GOP national security people are not happy with the Trump.

QuoteRepublican national-security leaders trash Donald Trump in joint letter

Perhaps they have caught a (politically) fatal dose of pragmatism?

joeactor

Looks like the Houston Chronicle (normally a republican paper) endorses Hillary:
http://www.chron.com/opinion/recommendations/article/For-Hillary-Clinton-8650345.php

QuoteAny one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic.

Dave

Good to know that some Americans, in influencial positions, put the future of their nation before ideology, politics, prejudice, tradition and all the other crap that gets in the way of the future!

Wish sone of ours would do the same, but we are only a power pimple compared to Americ's bulge.

Sandra Craft

And then there's this: A Republican intellectual explains why the Republican Party is going to die.  At least some Repubs realize they took a seriously wrong turn years ago and Trump is the natural result of it.

There's also an interesting video at the end of the article on the evolution of the Republican Party.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Icarus

Thank you books for that reference. That makes perfect sense to those of us who are not comatose.

G it would be pleasing to believe that pragmatism rules. It does not seem to be in sufficient force here in the colonies.

The grim fact is that there are a disappointingly large number of people who are not paying attention, that it is more than possible that Trump will win the election.  I am sad that my people are so easily beguiled, that they do not bother to read or to examine both sides of an equation, who cannot be persuaded to separate propaganda from reality, and that conspiracy theorists are too often given credibility, climate change is a hoax, god will protect us if we pray enough, ...............woe will be to a nation of perfectly good and honorable citizens who choose to ignore the facts. 

Dave

Dave

This may have been seen here already

Recusant

Evangelists who've reconciled themselves to supporting "Il Duce" of the Republican party are now trying to convince others, with some rather twisted reasoning. "To The 'Never Trumper'- A Biblical Case For Trump"

I'm not suggesting you read that drivel unless you enjoy such things, just pointing out a particular trend in the world of true believers. Many of them are so desperate to push their agenda that they are willing to trust what a habitual liar says, because at least some of it seems like it agrees with them. A small sample—note the personalities she mentions as trustworthy. The mendacious bigot James Dobson, who has come out in support of Trump, and Kirk Cameron, the dingbat Creationist actor who has done the same.

QuoteI am simply stating that in this specific office, as President, he has gone to great lengths to demonstrate that he will protect and champion the rights of the American evangelical if he were to be elected, even if he does not personally embrace those values. I would think that his promise to appoint a conservative Supreme Court Justice should "Trump" (excuse the pun), our other hesitations. He has even organized a "faith advisory committee" comprised of some of the most respected Christian leaders in America. As a side note, I am appalled at the way the Body has treated the members of this committee and other evangelical heavy hitters who have endorsed Trump. We are willing to let Dr. Dobson dictate the way we raise our children, yet the instant he speaks out on a political issue, we mock him and call him a coward? We make Kirk Cameron our Hollywood hero, pay big bucks to go see his films, and then call him a sell out when he makes a comment about where we should place our vote? Maybe we should let our ruffled egos settle down for a moment and consider that we would willingly adhere to the wisdom of these men on any other issue. Even if you disagree with their political choice, please have the decency to treat them with the respect that their years of faithful service to the Kingdom have warranted.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Religion twists the best of minds.

Sandra Craft

And in other news, a man with blog called GOPlifer: because leaving isn't exacly an option, has now left the Republican Party:  resignation letter

It's fairly long, but the last paragraph sums it up well: 
QuoteI will not contribute my name, my work, or my character to an utterly indefensible cause. No sensible adult demands moral purity from a political party, but conscience is meaningless without constraints. A party willing to lend its collective capital to Donald Trump has entered a compromise beyond any credible threshold of legitimacy. There is no redemption in being one of the "good Nazis."

I hereby resign my position as a York Township Republican committeeman. My thirty-year tenure as a Republican is over.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

I repeat my prediction - Trump won't win.