Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 23, 2016, 03:57:42 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 23, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
I am constantly surprised that there are not more people drawing parallels between Trump's "ideology" and that of the Nazis.

But then, it being America, global home of litigation and the Trump's propensity to use that path . . .

One has to be very careful.

It bothers me, again, because of the extreme hypocrisy (and complete ignorance of history).

It would be one thing if it were just ignorance. But no. We've had actual groups and movements making shit up about the Third Reich to "prove" Obama is just like Hilter. Now this asshole is actually doing shit that Hitler did and whoa, isn't he just the greatest!
Watch videos of Hitler's rousing speeches. Then watch Trump's. Oh shit!

Let's just hope Trump's rhetoric is just that, that the cold light of responsibility will dawn on him if he does make office!

Those in power and the unwashed masses do not learn from history. It is the rational middle strata that is able to, but wields little power.

Later: Oops, should have read next post first :redface:!

Still later: OK, only half a Hitler then. The man is certifiable.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

That New Yorker thing was satire. Trump did meet with Ryan, but the things in that story that they supposedly said are fiction. Trump did attempt to soften the negative reaction to of some of his rhetoric by later saying, "It was only a suggestion" though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on July 23, 2016, 05:56:33 PM
That New Yorker thing was satire. Trump did meet with Ryan, but the things in that story that they supposedly said are fiction. Trump did attempt to soften the negative reaction to of some of his rhetoric by later saying, "It was only a suggestion" though.

Ah!

They made it too realistic I think, anything could happen around the Trump, that did not seem out of the box to me!

Dave

Sandra Craft

One of my favorite Xtian bloggers posted this:  25 Reasons why this Christian is proudly #neverTrump

The only one I have a quibble with is #8, that anyone who claims to be Xtian should at least slightly resemble Jesus.  I don't think it's possible for anyone to psychologically resemble anyone else, we're all too individual for that.  But I do think anyone who claims to be Xtian should at least give some evidence in his behavior of following Christ's teachings.  But perhaps this is what Pavlovitz meant and I'm just being a nit-picky atheist.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 25, 2016, 02:47:37 AM
One of my favorite Xtian bloggers posted this:  25 Reasons why this Christian is proudly #neverTrump

The only one I have a quibble with is #8, that anyone who claims to be Xtian should at least slightly resemble Jesus.  I don't think it's possible for anyone to psychologically resemble anyone else, we're all too individual for that.  But I do think anyone who claims to be Xtian should at least give some evidence in his behavior of following Christ's teachings.  But perhaps this is what Pavlovitz meant and I'm just being a nit-picky atheist.

Sounds like a sensible human!

Did he mean "resemble" in that deep a way I wonder, how slight is "slightly"? Perhaps even a real humanist, ignoring any supernatural stuff, might qualify - "practicing" humanists are concerned about the state of humanity (and the environment) at all levels and in all areas.

Ecurb Noselrub

Anyone who shows love to others in some way resembles the Jesus presented in the NT.  Non-Christians can do that as well as Christians.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Anyone who shows love to others in some way resembles the Jesus presented in the NT.  Non-Christians can do that as well as Christians.
Yup!

Tom62

This 15 year old video clip fits Trump and the RNC platform pretty well

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on July 27, 2016, 06:52:11 PM
This 15 year old video clip fits Trump and the RNC platform pretty well

Somehow things don't change much . . .

Dave

:rofl:

(Bear with it, site takes ages to load, might be busy)

Recusant

Hmm, the Daily Currant version is pretty slow loading too.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Dave

Oh, dear, video won't show on Android 4.4.2

Recusant

I don't think Comedy Central videos will play in the UK at all without some jiggering. I can offer advice regarding that in a PM if you wish.

It's a contest because the Republican party (and Republican members of Congress, in the guise of "official investigations") has been working very hard for the past few years to degrade Clinton's image. (I'll just ignore the similar efforts that go back decades.) Three years ago Clinton had a very respectable approval rating. The Republicans have been tireless in their efforts to smear her, and have had some success.
— H. L. Mencken