News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on July 05, 2016, 09:40:06 PM
An interesting hit-piece on Donald Trump's connections to Russia: Putin's Puppet | Slate

QuoteVladimir Putin has a plan for destroying the West—and that plan looks a lot like Donald Trump. Over the past decade, Russia has boosted right-wing populists across Europe. It loaned money to Marine Le Pen in France, well-documented transfusions of cash to keep her presidential campaign alive. Such largesse also wended its way to the former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi, who profited "personally and handsomely" from Russian energy deals, as an American ambassador to Rome once put it. (Berlusconi also shared a 240-year-old bottle of Crimean wine with Putin and apparently makes ample use of a bed gifted to him by the Russian president.)

There's a clear pattern: Putin runs stealth efforts on behalf of politicians who rail against the European Union and want to push away from NATO. He's been a patron of Golden Dawn in Greece, Ataka in Bulgaria, and Jobbik in Hungary. Joe Biden warned about this effort last year in a speech at the Brookings Institution: "President Putin sees such political forces as useful tools to be manipulated, to create cracks in the European body politic which he can then exploit." Ruptures that will likely multiply after Brexit—a campaign Russia's many propaganda organs bombastically promoted.

The destruction of Europe is a grandiose objective; so is the weakening of the United States. Until recently, Putin has only focused glancing attention on American elections. Then along came the presumptive Republican nominee.

[Continues . . .]
What! No word of Brexiteers getting their pockets filled? Hmm, either not yet been discovered or yet to come. It has been mentioned that exit campsogns are in Russia's interest.

Maybe we are doing all that Putin needs voluntarily? An easy strategy for him?

And one that the Trump approves of IIRC
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on July 06, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 06, 2016, 04:36:54 AM
Trump would be a laughing stock - were it not for Hillary.  She keeps giving him fodder.  Geez, I hope he doesn't win, but the only reason he's still in the game is because Hillary keeps proving she can't be trusted.  Our only hope is the Electoral College.  I still don't think Trump can reach 270, but dammit, Hillary, show us something!!!
If Trump does not get the Republican nomination who would be in the running for it?

I highly doubt that will happen at this point, the Republicans would have to contort themselves in backbreaking ways to keep him out.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Firebird on July 06, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 06, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 06, 2016, 04:36:54 AM
Trump would be a laughing stock - were it not for Hillary.  She keeps giving him fodder.  Geez, I hope he doesn't win, but the only reason he's still in the game is because Hillary keeps proving she can't be trusted.  Our only hope is the Electoral College.  I still don't think Trump can reach 270, but dammit, Hillary, show us something!!!
If Trump does not get the Republican nomination who would be in the running for it?

I highly doubt that will happen at this point, the Republicans would have to contort themselves in backbreaking ways to keep him out.

Agree.  Trump is it for the GOP.

Dave

QuoteTrump is it for the GOP.

Now, what does "GOP" stand for?

Oh yes, "Grand old Party"

Wonder if there could be other meanings . . .

"God's own Politicians" ?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on July 06, 2016, 05:45:16 PM

"Get Obama Party"
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 06, 2016, 10:49:42 PM

"Get Obama Party"
"Grumpy Old People?" With "Good Old Polyester?"  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on July 07, 2016, 03:56:34 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 06, 2016, 10:49:42 PM

"Get Obama Party"
"Grumpy Old People?" With "Good Old Polyester?"  :notsure:
God's Own Party
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

The Trump campaign may get around to finding out who's responsible for inserting plagiarized sections into Mrs. Trump's speech last night and firing them, but first the campaign is going to milk it to provide more evidence of what complete asses they are, because, you know, their supporters can never get enough of that.

Paul "Advisor to Brutal Dictators" Manafort has chosen the tried and true "deny everything and blame it on the other side" gambit, because practically nothing makes you look like a complete ass more than denying obvious facts with a straight face.

When I saw the early reporting on this last night, I wondered whether the campaign would choose to present at least the appearance of honesty by throwing a speechwriter under the bus, because doing that would make sense. I should have had more faith in them. This is Trump and Manafort, two world class mountebanks we're talking about here. They have their reputations for astoundingly creepy behavior to think of. Attempting to appear honest is for penny-ante everyday charlatans like used car salesmen.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

QuoteThese are common words and values . . .

The words I heard quoted on the BBC seemed to be just about verbatim, if not actually that.

Icarus

Mrs. Trump is now being chastised for lying about her Slovenian college degree. Never mind all that, she is a super fox who can be forgiven for little white lies. 

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on July 20, 2016, 12:17:39 AM
Mrs. Trump is now being chastised for lying about her Slovenian college degree. Never mind all that, she is a super fox who can be forgiven for little white lies.
Don't find her particularly attractive and even white lies at that level are weapons that can be used against the liar and, in this case, a possible president of the US.

Does not say much for her intelligence or those who advise the Trumps.

Pasta Chick

I just can't believe his anti-immigrant fan base has no issue with her being an immigrant that married into citizenship and his money. That's the height of lazy immigration right there.

Noting that I don't personally have a problem with this, as it is an arrangement between consenting adults... I just find it extremely hypocritical.

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 20, 2016, 06:19:10 PM
I just can't believe his anti-immigrant fan base has no issue with her being an immigrant that married into citizenship and his money. That's the height of lazy immigration right there.

Noting that I don't personally have a problem with this, as it is an arrangement between consenting adults... I just find it extremely hypocritical.
I just can't believe some of his anti-immigrant fan base are Mexican Americans or Mexican immigrants. --Specially after what Trump said about them. Maybe they think that when Trump rounds up and deports all of us, he'll spare them. --Yeah, right!  :eyeroll:

Anyways...

If Trump wins, and I stop posting here, you'll know I'm on a train heading south, even though I'm from El Salvador and I'm a US citizen, I probably look Mexican to him and must be deported. --Oh well.  :sad sigh:

It has happened before, you know, but not many remember. I learned about it in my Chicano Studies Class in college:
:secrets1: (Steeler, this is not sarcasm, "click" on the link.)
Mass Deportation May Sound Unlikely, But It's Happened Before

Mexican and Mexican-American families wait to board Mexico-bound trains in Los Angeles on March 8, 1932. County officials arranged these mass departures as part of "repatriation campaigns," fueled by fears that Mexicans and Mexican-Americans were taking scarce jobs and government assistance during the Great Depression.
Los Angeles Public Library/Herald Examiner Collection

--Very sad.  :sadnod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Don't know if you've all seen this yet -- hope it plays, I can't find it anywhere but Uncle George's FB page:  George Takei on Donald Trump, in Spanish
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany