News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Tom62 on June 11, 2023, 12:13:17 PMQuestion remains why it seems to be relatively easy for politicians to take sensitive documents home. Seems to me that security is rather lax. Talking about lax of security, how was Hillary Clinton able to install her own mail server for public communications and then delete tens of thousands of emails. Any "normal" person who does this, would loose his or her job and could even end up in jail. Different standards for different people?

Questions remain why some overlook attacks on common sense, decency, democratic institutions
What does this man offer them? 

Old Seer

Quote from: Tom62 on June 10, 2023, 01:18:20 PMWhat I don't get is why they not prosecute Biden, Obama, Clinton and Bush for exactly the same reasons. Biden has been stockpiling classified documents since the 1970's.
Decide for yourself. You may want to check what other legal eagles also say. I think the supreme court will get the final say. :???:

https://youtu.be/rxCDVOmGPlo
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Recusant

Direct quote from the video:

QuoteThis is the elected president of the United States. He determines if a document is declassified or not. He determines if a document is secret or not. He determines whether it's a government document or not. Congress can't do that. Justice Department can't do that. The intelligence community can't do that. This is an indictment saying, "Donald Trump used his own documents, kept his own documents, liked his own documents, and didn't want to give his own documents back." That's his constitutional right. So the problem with this case is the ENTIRE CASE IS BOGUS. Instead this is an attempt by the Deep State to overturn our constitutional democracy.

There is an issue here with "He determines whether it's a government document or not." That's in direct conflict with "This is the elected president of the United States." A president is not a king, and does not get to do as they will regardless of the laws of the United States. In any event, after January 20, 2021 Trump was no longer the elected president of the United States.

Classified documents are not "his," they are documents of the United States. While the president does have the ultimate authority regarding classifying and declassifying documents there is an established legal process for declassifying documents, which Trump did not follow. Contrary to Trump, a president can't telepathically declassify documents, and once he had left office he no longer had the authority to declassify documents.

Those who insist that Donald Trump is still the "real" president of the United States may find that video comforting, but I don't think anybody else will find it particularly convincing.

See Executive Order 12356 and Executive Order 13526, both of which are still in effect. Note that it is the president who establishes the process for classifying documents but unless a president has issued an executive order which supersedes or revokes a previous order, they are bound by the existing order.

QuoteThe courts view them as legally valid unless they violate the Constitution or existing statutes.

[source]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

hes not being arraigned for possessing classified documents. smith avoided that can of worms, which makes the whole "were-they-classified" argument irrelevant.

hes being arraigned for retaining and not securing sensitive defense information. doesnt matter whether they were classified or not.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Not jut a few critical documents, but hundreds and hundreds of them. They were in boxes stored haphazardly in Bathrooms and other curious places.

The curious part is this; why did the Donald even choose to have all that baggage in his posession?

MarcusA

I wish the Donald would just die, and then he could be a dead Duke of Bullshit.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

I do not wish him to die. If he conked out this evening, a large element of American society would canonize him and truly believe, now and forever, that he was sent by God.

I blame him for a significant proportion of the divisiveness within our nation. He has  beguiled millions of the willfully ignorant who dwell among us. For that I do not wish him to die. I do wish him agonizing and everlasting pain in the scrotum............Nah, on second thought, that would not fix the harm that he has done.

I do hope that he loses all his goddamned golf balls. Hmmm,Florida golf courses commonly have water hazards. There be alligators in those ponds and lakes.

Tank

However he dies there will be a substantial number of his supporters that will build a conspiracy theory about it. Personally I hope he dies in public in a freak golfing accident for all to see.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

A British politician just referred to Boris Johnson as 'A pound shop Trump' :rofl:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Tank

We've been laughing at him for ages :D

Icarus

I will place some of the blame on The Donald. He has persuaded Millions that he is the Messiah that will deliver us to glory.

In the process, the risk of a national crisis has grown to frighteningly dangerous proportions. 

According to a survey of more than 6000 Americans conducted earlier this year, adherents of Christian nationalism are almost seven times as likely as rejectors of Christian nationalism to support political violence. Forty percent agreed with the statement "Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country." Prominent Christian nationalist leaders, too, such as Mike Huckabee, Rick Joyner, and Greg Locke have warned of or issued calls for mass violence should Christian nationalists not get their way. No longer able to rely on elections to sustain their social and political dominance, an outsized number of Christian nationalists see violence as their last hope.

These voices have been abetted by the rhetoric of far-right politicians. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has openly called for a "national divorce," a phrase deliberately chosen to conjure images of the American Civil War. Former president Donald Trump used the apocalyptic language of a "final battle" during his speech at this year's CPAC conference as a means of framing the 2024 presidential election.

Add to all this the tumult that America has endured over the past decade—an unprecedented global pandemic, a border crisis, an increase in overt and often violent racism, an insurrection, an opioid epidemic, multiple presidential impeachments, the overturn of Roe v. Wade, increasing fallout from climate change—and the fact that the United States is a country awash in guns—and the path to a civil war becomes frighteningly clear.

If America does enter a prolonged period of civil conflict, it will not look the same as its first civil war, a war fought between states. Instead, this war is far more likely to be fought within states and resemble an insurgency, a type of decentralized armed rebellion fought by multiple groups who engage in guerrilla warfare.

It will also be incredibly bloody. Combatants in religious civil wars see themselves as fighting on behalf of both country and God, and are therefore more likely to fight to the death and eschew compromise. For this reason, religious civil wars have been found to be much deadlier and last much longer than non-religious civil wars. Indeed, seemingly disparate incidents—the Capitol insurrection, the scheme to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and try her for treason, the brutal beating of Paul Pelosi—may be seen not as a prelude to civil war but as part of its opening salvo.

Icarus

And then there is the humorous and semi subtle description of the Trumpists.

Dark Lightning

I'm not going to watch the testimony of the chump's spawn any more than I am watching the chump's trial. I'll take the "elevator version", replete with the number of times the 5th amendment was cited.  ;D  Career criminals, the lot of them. I'd personally like to see them swing, along with a lot of their hench people. Notice all those attorneys down in Georgia, USA, pleading guilty and taking probation? They know they fucked up, and I just can't believe ::) that they thought that they'd ever get away with it. After Watergate, legal students were required to mandated ethics courses, and the educational institutions had to teach it or lose accreditation.

The chump poisons everything he touches, kind of a worse, if one can actually say so, King Midas.

Tank

It really is a shit fest of the first order.