News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I am sensing a bit of Trump Fatigue among the GOP. Is this a false hope? When he cavorts with known anti-Semites and white supremacist's he is starting to become difficult for some to tolerate. Some are beginning to speak out against him.   

Dark Lightning

He's fracturing the party, and the mainstream Republicans can see it. The alleged "Red Wave" failed to materialize in any meaningful way, partly because they are starting to really see how toxic he is, and the Roe V Wade issue. Even Kansas doesn't want abortions outlawed, red as that place is. That topic was a landslide for abortion, last election.

billy rubin

whay can they do? if more than one or two appear on primary ballots trump is sure to win the nomination  whether hes any good for the general election or not.

its the crazies that vote in the primaries, and trump is king of the crazies

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tom62

The new GOP hero is Ron DeSantis. Trump has become a liability.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 30, 2022, 10:24:26 PMI am sensing a bit of Trump Fatigue among the GOP. Is this a false hope? When he cavorts with known anti-Semites and white supremacist's he is starting to become difficult for some to tolerate. Some are beginning to speak out against him.

But he and Netanyahu are chums, how does this work? I detect an inconsistency.
This is the Trump thread.
Ye of course, sorry.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 01, 2022, 11:46:24 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 30, 2022, 10:24:26 PMI am sensing a bit of Trump Fatigue among the GOP. Is this a false hope? When he cavorts with known anti-Semites and white supremacist's he is starting to become difficult for some to tolerate. Some are beginning to speak out against him.

But he and Netanyahu are chums, how does this work? I detect an inconsistency.
This is the Trump thread.
Ye of course, sorry.

I think he will meet with anyone who, in his manner of calculating, might help him then and there. He has no actual principles, other than "TRUMP". If being an anti-Semite for lunch and a Friend of Israel at dinner helps him, he will do it. His son-in-law is Jewish, so it's not just inconsistent re: Netanyahu. Trump truly has no beliefs other than himself. He is his own god.

billy rubin

yes . that is compltely true. he used to be pro choice. not now. he used to be indifferent to gender. not now. he used to be a deomcrat, iirc.

what will be intensely interesting

in a morbid way

will be watching what trump does to any republican primary challenger, and what he will do to the republican party if they dont pick him

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Icarus

Time distance between now and election day will provide Trump the opportunity to further shit in his own mess kit. GOP regulars are already bailing out on the toxic clown.

Unfortunately there are not enough licensed therapists to treat his die hard worshipers. Oh Happy day! The die hard kooks are insufficiently numerous to tilt an election.

Suppose, just suppose that the Donald loses some of his several court cases and lands in jail.........Whooeeee! His die hard followers might even start another insurrection.

Either way, I have some concerns about Merrick Garland's safety.   

Dark Lightning

Lots of pols are getting death threats. Most of the dickheads don't follow through, fortunately. Unfortunately, this country's higher ups have issues with having an ex-president in jail. Plenty of other countries have incarcerated ex-presidents, the US ain't that special. If convicted of a crime, and you're squeamish, put him in his own special place? I'd prefer solitary, but not much I can enforce.

billy rubin

he will never go to jail. nobody in government wants that because it would set a (very desireable for the people) precedent.

but he might be fined or sanctio ed.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on December 03, 2022, 09:42:05 AMhe will never go to jail. nobody in government wants that because it would set a (very desireable for the people) precedent.

I find this operation of the law being optional fkn weird.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 03, 2022, 11:02:16 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on December 03, 2022, 09:42:05 AMhe will never go to jail. nobody in government wants that because it would set a (very desireable for the people) precedent.

I find this operation of the law being optional fkn weird.

Agreed. I think that just the shit he pulled on Jan 6 is enough to jail his ass. The US has a problem with the far right, because a lot of people don't have a problem with it. An easy tell is to look at the law enforcement presence at a peaceful BLM rally in DC, Vs that on debacle Jan 6th...and the pretty much "slapping of wrists" in the sentencing.

billy rubin

in america there are three legal systems

the harshest is for black and brown people. high level of policing and incarceration. extrajudicial killings are a way of life.

the middle is for white people. often lenient, sometimes strict. situational.

and the most lenient is for rich  and powerful people. these people get nothing or fines when the other two classes get gaol.

. . . just a cost of doing business for them

Icarus

AHA!  The Donald has finally been indicted for unlawfully squirreling away a whole bunch of classified documents. Seven counts of misdeeds in fact. He is in a jam that even he may not be able to show that no law was broken.

Meanwhile the right winger Trumpists are having a tizzy. They are loudly claiming that this is a witch hunt and that the department of justice is using the law as a weopen. Poor Donald. His chickens are finally coming home to roost. Let us see where this goes from here. Maybe nowhere or maybe he gets his chops busted for real this time.