News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Tom62

His lawyer signed a document in the past that all papers were returned. Apparently that was not the case. Heads should role, just like when Hillary Clinton was put in jail for storing classified emails on her private email server ;)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

^^^
Hillary Clinton didn't go to jail.

Please don't compare them. —That man, he's dumb and dirty.   ::) 

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on August 14, 2022, 05:51:11 AM^^^

Please don't compare them. —That man, he's dumb and dirty.   ::) 

Well, I heard that Elon Musk wanted to buy the FBI but the Clintons didn't want to lose their ownership ;).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

dunno whats in the top secret boxes, but if its nuclear or spy stuff, then trump is vulnerable.

hes claiming he declassified everything. nuclear secrets, and secrets having to do with some espionage things are classified by statute, not by the exectutive branch  trump has no power to declasdify that stuff.

i suspect that if trump cooperates and doesnt blow this up into a big thing, that garland will let it slide. but if trump tries to make it fuel a disinformation campaign, then enough people might be pissed off enough to charge him.

nobody has explained how long the documents were there. fid trump accumulate them ovrr time (likely) or did the dumb fuck just bring them with him when he moved his shit out of the white house (also likely)? was he still president when they srrived at mar a lago?

one very big question trump is avoiding is simply, why does he have them at all?  the FBI has been asking for their return for months, in contrastbto his lies. what possible purpose could he have had for them?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 14, 2022, 03:41:56 PMdunno whats in the top secret boxes, but if its nuclear or spy stuff, then trump is vulnerable.

hes claiming he declassified everything. nuclear secrets, and secrets having to do with some espionage things are classified by statute, not by the exectutive branch  trump has no power to declasdify that stuff.

i suspect that if trump cooperates and doesnt blow this up into a big thing, that garland will let it slide. but if trump tries to make it fuel a disinformation campaign, then enough people might be pissed off enough to charge him.

nobody has explained how long the documents were there. fid trump accumulate them ovrr time (likely) or did the dumb fuck just bring them with him when he moved his shit out of the white house (also likely)? was he still president when they srrived at mar a lago?

one very big question trump is avoiding is simply, why does he have them at all?  the FBI has been asking for their return for months, in contrastbto his lies. what possible purpose could he have had for them?

Apparently his excuse for having them was that he was reading them before meetings the day after he took them home. He doesn't seem the studious home work type to me though.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

yes. trump was famously unprepared for meetings.

but that doesnt explain why he still had them, a year and a half after he left office.

imo, the answer is clear-- trump is a dumbass who just took top secret stuff up to his residence in the white house and threw them in a box when he got bored. then when moved out he just had them hauled to florida where they sat in a closet alongside last years christmas ornaments.

then he refused to cooperate and return anything because, trump . . .

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

You could well be right. We'll have to wait and see. The trouble is we may never know some of what he took home simply because it's classified!

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on August 14, 2022, 03:41:56 PM... what possible purpose could he have had for them?
:money:
Money
Extortion
Intimidation
Threat
Blackmail
Graymail
You name it. That's his style.

—Or, he just needed a lot of scratch paper.
 :reading:

Dark Lightning

And we'll never know if any of it found its way into the hands of our adversaries. Having worked in defense for 31 years, I'm displeased, to say the least. He was president, with delusions of being king, thinking that he can do whatever he wants.  :sadshake:   

On a positive note, I've noticed that some of the chump flags in the neighborhood are no longer flying. :thumbsup:

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on August 14, 2022, 09:47:49 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 14, 2022, 05:51:11 AM^^^

Please don't compare them. —That man, he's dumb and dirty.  ::) 

Well, I heard that Elon Musk wanted to buy the FBI but the Clintons didn't want to lose their ownership ;).
I bet you heard that alternative fact from Fox news. ;)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 14, 2022, 05:43:55 PM...

On a positive note, I've noticed that some of the chump flags in the neighborhood are no longer flying. :thumbsup: