News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should nations kill on foreign soil?

Started by Icarus, October 05, 2023, 12:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Without details it is difficult to decide whether the Indian guy was fair game. At this point I think not.

As for Osama; he was an international terrorist who was responsible for the deaths of many thousands of innocents. Offing him was/is not worthy of rational argument. I contend that he was not killed for political or religious reasons. Osama, by all accounts, was a brilliant man. Too bad to have wasted his talents on murderous enterprise.

billy rubin

why do you think he was killed?

the circumstances seem clearly political/vengeful to me.

aiui, he was pissed off that american military infidels were stationed in saudi. at the time of t e lawrence, that had been a death sentence

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

This is a branch from Next Person game in Laid Back Lounge

Quote from: Asmodean on October 04, 2023, 01:04:21 PMTrue-ish. That's the game nations play with people's lives. It's OK in the sense of "that's how it is." The public is just not supposed to know about it - usually. As a matter of values, however, it should only be OK for a country which allows for killing of its citizens to do so in another country which does the same. Something tells me Canada may not be one of them places... Maybe they are though.

The next person prefers drama over comedy? (assume good drama vs good comedy as your taste goes)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

but we kill american citizens in third countries

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Abdulrahman_al-Awlaki

so he should have invited ti visit america before being killed here

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

A critical conflict is going on again, or still,in northern Arabia.  It is one of those;"This Land Is Mine" quarrels that that has no visible solution.  Are we hard wired to kill one another?

Asmodean

Yes, I suppose we are thusly wired. More so, "out in the world," a human life gets cheaper the further from the human in question you get.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.