News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

I just watched Pirates of the Caribbean (2017) on my Dad's tv/computer. Was much better than the previous one with Penelope Cruz. Orlando Bloom had a small but important part to drive the plot as well as the other characters.

There were some plot holes concerning why they needed Jack Sparrow and some missed edits with Captain Barbossa. If you watch the movie to the end you would understand what I mean.

Overall though I would like to see a new one 👍
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Started watching season 2 of Preacher and have totally surprised myself by liking it, even with all the violence.  It's very funny, and with me that goes a long way.  I'll have to subscribe to Hulu to watch season 1.
Sandy

  

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on July 09, 2017, 07:37:06 PM
I just watched Pirates of the Caribbean (2017) on my Dad's tv/computer. Was much better than the previous one with Penelope Cruz. Orlando Bloom had a small but important part to drive the plot as well as the other characters.

There were some plot holes concerning why they needed Jack Sparrow and some missed edits with Captain Barbossa. If you watch the movie to the end you would understand what I mean.

Overall though I would like to see a new one 👍
When I watched the first one, I wasn't expecting much, but I really liked it. And while the last two haven't been close to the same level, I still like them. Though I haven't seen the latest one.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 09, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
Started watching season 2 of Preacher and have totally surprised myself by liking it, even with all the violence.  It's very funny, and with me that goes a long way.  I'll have to subscribe to Hulu to watch season 1.
I really like that series. I haven't read the comic books, but I've heard a lot of people talk about them. I'll get around to them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Just watched the first 3-4 episodes of "American Gods." I have to say that I don't see thing going far in terms of seasons but I like it none the less. They characters give subtle clues about who they are in regular conversation and I appreciate that. Except for the leprechaun, he says flat out who he is. There are some interesting scenes with characters that would normally be considered actual "American" Gods like the buffalo, or the wolf, ect.

The main character is African American, and every episode thus far begins with and actual African God doing something, somewhere, in America's history. So far these scenes have nothing to do with the plot. There was also one scene where muhammad [?] has gay sex with a middle eastern man he drove in his taxi. I don't know why this happened. It just happened in the middle of the episode and I didn't understand why.

I am curious as to what the Native American spirits have to do with the plot as they just seem to appear for a moment and not really do much. It is implied there is a war coming between the old gods, and the new gods (also because the description for the tv show says that) and I am wondering where the indigenous american spirits fit into all this. Will they just sit back and watch them tear each other apart and take the people caught in the middle? It's all very interesting as the role they play isn't explicitly stated.

I'd recommend the show to anyone if they don't mind subtle nuance in character descriptions. :thumbsup:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on July 10, 2017, 09:47:04 PM
Just watched the first 3-4 episodes of "American Gods." I have to say that I don't see thing going far in terms of seasons but I like it none the less. They characters give subtle clues about who they are in regular conversation and I appreciate that. Except for the leprechaun, he says flat out who he is. There are some interesting scenes with characters that would normally be considered actual "American" Gods like the buffalo, or the wolf, ect.

The main character is African American, and every episode thus far begins with and actual African God doing something, somewhere, in America's history. So far these scenes have nothing to do with the plot. There was also one scene where muhammad [?] has gay sex with a middle eastern man he drove in his taxi. I don't know why this happened. It just happened in the middle of the episode and I didn't understand why.

I am curious as to what the Native American spirits have to do with the plot as they just seem to appear for a moment and not really do much. It is implied there is a war coming between the old gods, and the new gods (also because the description for the tv show says that) and I am wondering where the indigenous american spirits fit into all this. Will they just sit back and watch them tear each other apart and take the people caught in the middle? It's all very interesting as the role they play isn't explicitly stated.

I'd recommend the show to anyone if they don't mind subtle nuance in character descriptions. :thumbsup:
The native American gods play a pretty big role in the book. I really liked the book too.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on July 10, 2017, 04:05:00 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 09, 2017, 07:37:06 PM
I just watched Pirates of the Caribbean (2017) on my Dad's tv/computer. Was much better than the previous one with Penelope Cruz. Orlando Bloom had a small but important part to drive the plot as well as the other characters.

There were some plot holes concerning why they needed Jack Sparrow and some missed edits with Captain Barbossa. If you watch the movie to the end you would understand what I mean.

Overall though I would like to see a new one 👍
When I watched the first one, I wasn't expecting much, but I really liked it. And while the last two haven't been close to the same level, I still like them. Though I haven't seen the latest one.

Yes the last two were not my taste but I guess when you are Disney you can shove it down people's throats until they like it. (i.e. cars)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on July 10, 2017, 10:09:51 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 10, 2017, 09:47:04 PM
Just watched the first 3-4 episodes of "American Gods." I have to say that I don't see thing going far in terms of seasons but I like it none the less. They characters give subtle clues about who they are in regular conversation and I appreciate that. Except for the leprechaun, he says flat out who he is. There are some interesting scenes with characters that would normally be considered actual "American" Gods like the buffalo, or the wolf, ect.

The main character is African American, and every episode thus far begins with and actual African God doing something, somewhere, in America's history. So far these scenes have nothing to do with the plot. There was also one scene where muhammad [?] has gay sex with a middle eastern man he drove in his taxi. I don't know why this happened. It just happened in the middle of the episode and I didn't understand why.

I am curious as to what the Native American spirits have to do with the plot as they just seem to appear for a moment and not really do much. It is implied there is a war coming between the old gods, and the new gods (also because the description for the tv show says that) and I am wondering where the indigenous american spirits fit into all this. Will they just sit back and watch them tear each other apart and take the people caught in the middle? It's all very interesting as the role they play isn't explicitly stated.

I'd recommend the show to anyone if they don't mind subtle nuance in character descriptions. :thumbsup:
The native American gods play a pretty big role in the book. I really liked the book too.

Yes I remember hearing about the book years ago and now I wish to read it.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

SHOOT THE MOON!



I would have put this in the good films thread but I think their movies work better as clips.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Papasito Bruno

Lately I've taken to watching "Big Time Amphibian Wrestling" also known as "The BTAW", or as they pronounce it down in Texas were this is really popular, "BEETAW WRESLING"!





By the way that's "Rowdy" Roddy Frogger taking down "Ravishing" Rick Toad!
"Most people would rather be boring than be bored." <br />― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Magdalena


"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Took another sick day off, so I've got plenty of time to snuggle under the covers and watch bad American Idol auditions.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey


Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 06, 2017, 01:20:44 PM
Took another sick day off, so I've got plenty of time to snuggle under the covers and watch bad American Idol auditions.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey