News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

I can't find the original thread, if it appears then please merge.......

Anyway, about a million years after everyone else as usual I am finally watching 'Game of Thrones'.  I found the box set of seasons 1-4 very cheap so it should keep me quiet for a while.......

Tank

NZ beating Oz in the World Cup.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 31, 2015, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 31, 2015, 05:19:56 PM
NZ beating Oz in the World Cup.

Is that still going on?
No. I record it on Tivo so I can ff through the ads.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM
I found the box set of seasons 1-4 very cheap so it should keep me quiet for a while.......

Don't suppose Dav, Mags and xSPx need to see it do they?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on October 31, 2015, 09:31:35 PM
I found the box set of seasons 1-4 very cheap so it should keep me quiet for a while.......

LOL. :P

Actually that got me thinking...I would like to watch GoT again, starting from the beginning.  :chin:

Enjoy, Claireliontamer! If you're into fantasy/historical stuff then you'll surely love it. Most probably you'll enjoy it even if you're not into that stuff. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Siz on October 31, 2015, 09:31:35 PM

Claire, I haven't seen 'Game of Thrones' either. I haven't even seen that movie where a girl keeps singing..."Let it go...let it go...!"  ::)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2015, 09:52:12 PM
I haven't even seen that movie where a girl keeps singing..."Let it go...let it go...!"  ::)

I haven't watched that either, much to the staggering disbelief of my 6 year old niece.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 31, 2015, 10:09:14 PM
I haven't even seen that movie where a girl keeps singing..."Let it go...let it go...!"  ::)

I haven't watched that either, much to the staggering disbelief of my 6 year old niece.

I just watched on Youtube: Disney's Frozen "Let It Go" Sequence Performed by Idina Menzel. I finally heard the whole song. Sticky song, isn't it? :sadnod:  Maybe one day I'll watch the movie.
I liked the part of the music video where she lets down her hair.  :tellmemore: 
;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 01, 2015, 12:24:02 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 31, 2015, 10:09:14 PM

I just watched on Youtube: Disney's Frozen "Let It Go" Sequence Performed by Idina Menzel. I finally heard the whole song. Sticky song, isn't it? :sadnod:  Maybe one day I'll watch the movie.
I liked the part of the music video where she lets down her hair.  :tellmemore: 
;D

::) Oh, why did I have to get all curious to see her let down her hair and watch the clip? Now I've got the song stuck in my head!

Let it go...let it go...

It is a sticky tune, for sure. Too sticky, in fact. :(

Can't hold it back anymore...

I'm thinking how useful those kind of superpowers would be during hot summer days. I would be able to chill a bottle of soda fairly quickly if only I could instantly make a snowman out of thin air...  :chin:

Let it go...let it go..
Turn away and slam the door

:daddance:

Magdalena

DeterminedJuliet

I can't find the original thread, if it appears then please merge.......

Anyway, about a million years after everyone else as usual I am finally watching 'Game of Thrones'.  I found the box set of seasons 1-4 very cheap so it should keep me quiet for a while.......

It's good, hey!

(I haven't seen the latest season yet, so no spoilers! :D)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

I've got to start watching House of Cards again...

Crow

I thought I would finally watch the 9th series of X Files so I'm up to date on the new series starting next year and I might just give that a miss because the 9th is so bad.
Retired member.

Buddy

My roommates actually linked watching the 700 club news so I watched a bit out of curiosity. Are these people real? Like they actually believe that Christians are under attack in America.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.