News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

What am I watching? The clock.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Anne D.

Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy's very watchable.

Tank

Just seen Oppenheimer. Long and no laughs. Interesting structure that juxtaposes elements in his life. If you want 3 hours of excellent story, acting, script and cinematography I highly recommend it. Definitely worth a trip to the big screen. Drain your bladder as there is no interval and every minute counts. Cillian Murphy should get an Oscar nomination and Robert Downy Jr is excellent. In fact there isn't a poor performance at all. Didn't spot any significant technical plot holes either which was nice.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

we dont do intervals in america

we just pee into the leftover popcorn

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

Just watched M3gan on DVD. Well made movie, but 100% predictable and not scary all.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Anne D.

I thought M3gan was good too, Tom, despite being predictable.

I'm headed to Barbie on Sunday. Very excited. Also watching a documentary series called Last Call: When a Serial Killer Stalked Queer New York, about a serial killer who operated in the 90s. Sometimes I think we've made no progress at all but seeing how little progress we'd made toward gay rights and basic acceptance in the 90s makes me reevaluate. I think things are definitely better today, despite Americans being on the precipice of taking 10 steps back.

Icarus

billy rubin

barbenheimer. already done, apparently?

Tom62

Next Tuesday my wife and I will watch Oppenheimer in the original language. There are only a couple of movie theaters nearby that show movies that are not dubbed in German. This is one of the reasons why I watch most movies on DVD.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

tom, how many languages can you deal with?

here in america most people do either just english, or english and spanish.

regionally, theres italian and basque and french and creole, but thats mostly it

native stuff is really spotty. almost nobody is a native chickasaw speaker in my home country

Anne D.

Barbie was good, if a little preachy in parts. Still fun to watch.

billy rubin

my wife showed me tbe straussian beginning. that was magnificent

billy rubin

Anne D.

Quote from: billy rubin on July 31, 2023, 12:22:44 AMmy wife showed me tbe straussian beginning. that was magnificent

It was : )

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 24, 2023, 07:51:01 PMJust seen Oppenheimer. Long and no laughs. Interesting structure that juxtaposes elements in his life. If you want 3 hours of excellent story, acting, script and cinematography I highly recommend it. Definitely worth a trip to the big screen. Drain your bladder as there is no interval and every minute counts. Cillian Murphy should get an Oscar nomination and Robert Downy Jr is excellent. In fact there isn't a poor performance at all. Didn't spot any significant technical plot holes either which was nice.
Yep. This right here, it is hereby a Asmo-approved review, though He lost His seal somewhere. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.