News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Buddy in England

Started by Claireliontamer, October 27, 2015, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 22, 2015, 12:54:27 AM
Well, Meg got here safe and sound. So did Siz.

We're all pretty drunk
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Glad to hear that you were able to get past the invidious Border Control at Heathrow, Budhorse4. Having had more than my share of their attentions myself, I sympathize.

Hope the hangovers for all are mild!
:party:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on November 22, 2015, 02:27:17 AM
Glad to hear that you were able to get past the invidious Border Control at Heathrow, Budhorse4. Having had more than my share of their attentions myself, I sympathize.

It's 3:40 in the morining. Any wer e still drinking.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on November 22, 2015, 03:44:53 AM
Quote from: Recusant on November 22, 2015, 02:27:17 AM

It's 3:40 in the morining. Any wer e still drinking.

5:35 and just got in to bed.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

Wow, what a total hoot!

Perfect food choice (Korean) with some fizz. Some disappointingly dreary, yet nonetheless alcoholic beer. Then an hilariously obscene card game (that shall definitely be seeing some airtime over the Xmas period at my home (what was it called, Tank?)) at Tank's place with a head-pounding cocktail of beverages until the not-so-wee hours.
Oh, yeah, there was some cultural stuff earlier on too.

Many thanks, Guardian, Buddy and Mrs Tank. And a special thanks to Tank for being a perfect host. Sorry noone else could make it.

Making my way home by train now and chuckling to myself as snippets of comedy utterances pop back to mind.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay Bud and G85. Until next year...

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on November 22, 2015, 02:08:34 PM
Wow, what a total hoot!

Perfect food choice (Korean) with some fizz. Some disappointingly dreary, yet nonetheless alcoholic beer. Then an hilariously obscene card game (that shall definitely be seeing some airtime over the Xmas period at my home (what was it called, Tank?)) at Tank's place with a head-pounding cocktail of beverages until the not-so-wee hours.

Many thanks, Guardian, Buddy and Mrs Tank. And a special thanks to Tank for being a perfect host. Sorry noone else could make it.

Making my way home by train now and chuckling to myself as snippets of comedy utterances pop back to mind.

You forgot the amazing bowling.

The card game is Cards Against Humanity

It was really great meeting you Siz, hopefully we can do it again sometime!

Siz

You too, Bud. T'was a rare treat. How long is your stopover at Heathrow on your way home?

Ah, yes, bowling (with beer and sambuca) - normally I'd play to win, but it just didn't seem right... ;)

Tank

Quote from: Siz on November 22, 2015, 07:19:33 PM

Ah, yes, bowling (with beer and sambuca) - normally I'd play to win, but it just didn't seem right... ;)
You lying little shit!!! LOL ;)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on November 22, 2015, 07:19:33 PM
You too, Bud. T'was a rare treat. How long is your stopover at Heathrow on your way home?

Two and a half hours. It will probably take the whole time to get through security

Tank

Quote from: Siz on November 22, 2015, 02:08:34 PM
Wow, what a total hoot!

It was great fun. Great fun indeed. The only blot on the landscape being the fact that Claire couldn't make it.

Essie Mae

Sounds like you all had a great time. Dead envious. I think June next year was mentioned as a possibility?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 22, 2015, 11:31:10 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time. Dead envious. I think June next year was mentioned as a possibility?
Yes. Bluenose is coming upside next year!

Tank

Friday.
Dag arrives.
We drink.

Saturday.
Dag and I go to Temple Newsam house and get a personalised tour! Very interesting.

Siz arrives at 12:30 Dag and I collect him from the station and then go to the Royal Armouries for a couple of hours.

Dag on left Siz on right

Holding a real sword at an enactment.

The start of a theme.

Buddy leaves from Chicago

Buddy arrives over London.

Dag, Siz and I collect Buddy from Leeds Bradford airport.

Home and then off into Leeds.

Dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant.

Across the road to the bowling ally. Where Siz foolishly asserted his skill prior to playing the American.

Then back across the road to Witherspoons where some alcohol was consumed. Decided to go home anb continue alcohol consumption. Than played Cards against Humanity. Much was learned and much laughter was had. At 5:30 Siz headed off. He was very, very merry!!

Sunday.
Woke up. Limited pain! Result!!!

Lazed around. Siz went home  :(

In the afternoon Dag, Buddy and I went to Kirkstall Abbey and the Abbey museum.

The Abbey ruins.

Another old ruin (on the left)

Dag 'Doing guarding'

In the dress up area of the museum.

The theme continues.

Inside the museum, which has a Victorian themed street.

Another hat with a Dag under it.

Chilling at The Fox and Newt.

When did we go out for dinner?

Monday off to York by train.

First place the railway museum.

Meg and Dag

Meg and Dag and a huge locomotive.

A train on a rotating turntable.

Me 'mansplaining' to Buddy. She's an incredibly good listener!

Meg and Dag standing in front of the Mallard the fastest steam train ever built.

Then on to The Maltings a very fine 'Free House' (it can sell any beer it likes) just south of the river Oose.

Went into York Minster. They wanted £10 each to look around. F**k that thought the atheists ;D

A lot of Awwwww! With a stuffed bear next to her.

Then onto the Jorvic centre in central York where Dag was right at home.

Dag in the gift shop at the Jorvic centre.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Around the German market in York

It started raining then so we came home.

Sunday we went to RAF Elvington.

Nimrod

Hurricane at sunset.

Buddy and I

Dag with the hat he bought in York. You can make your own mind up about that.

Then we came home, collected my wife and went out to a vary nice Chinese restaurant that only tried to kill Dag 4 times (he's allergic to shellfish).

Final bit of evening and then bed.

This morning took Meg to airport and Dag to station.

I haz sadz  :sad sigh:

But was a great weekend with lovely people (surprisingly enough even Siz!).

I will add more photos as they come to light.