News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Buddy in England

Started by Claireliontamer, October 27, 2015, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Wonderful travelog, Tank!  Really enjoyed it.

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2015, 12:07:27 PM
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 26, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 26, 2015, 10:24:39 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 26, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(
Cluck off! You do when startled!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Just catching up - looks like it was a grand time!

Really enjoyed the photos...

Ecurb Noselrub

Great photos.  Thanks for the good reporting. Sounds like everyone had fun.

Siz

Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on December 15, 2015, 01:18:43 AM
Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2015, 02:07:04 AM
Quote from: Siz on December 15, 2015, 01:18:43 AM

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
I know I did breakfast one day. Sunday was a lazy day when we went to Kirkstall Abbey and Museum.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Guardian85

Seeing the flooding in York on the news the other day i imagined the Jorvik center would be fairly fucked in a flood.

Sad to see my prophetic skills remain as strong as ever.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-