News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Association Football Thread

Started by Crow, October 17, 2015, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 01, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Oh and my daughter is going to be adopted. She has declared herself a Liverpool fan.

But why? I take it she didn't see the Swansea game.

Got to say I'm really not happy with the way Manchester City have been throwing games this season to give themselves an advantage going into the different cup games. Some they have won but the way they played in them the scorelines were flattering. If we win the Champions League then it will be all forgotten but it's fucking annoying. I guess we got a year for Leicester out of it but I don't like it.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on May 02, 2016, 11:56:38 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 01, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Oh and my daughter is going to be adopted. She has declared herself a Liverpool fan.

But why?

I only have myself to blame, I started supporting United many moons ago for the same reason....a boy. 

Ecurb Noselrub

So Leicester, a 5000-1 favorite, wins it??   Never heard of them. 

Crow

Retired member.

Siz

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 02, 2016, 10:15:58 PM
So Leicester, a 5000-1 favorite, wins it??   Never heard of them.

I was at university in Leicester. I've always had a soft spot for them.

About 10 years ago they zoomed up the first division and made it to mid-premiership under Martin O'Neil as manager. They were by a long way the cheapest team in the premiership. This year they were £200m cheaper than Chelsea.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Well they did it. Quite a party in Leicester last night.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Leicester fans looked like they had quite a bit of fun celebrating. Some of the vids I saw were pretty crazy. Good for them.

Today's the big day, Liverpool FC vs Villarreal (H) Europa League Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Unfortunately I can't watch the game live, will have to record and watch tonight. I do hope it's a good game, and certainly Liverpool has shown they can come back from a deficit, but I'm a bit nervous.

So I think I got this down correct, if Liverpool win 1-0 it will go to 30 mins extra time and then penalties if needed. If Liverpool should win 2-1, then they would go out on the away goals rule; so if Villarreal score we need to win 3-1, of course a 2-0 win would see us through.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 05, 2016, 03:15:15 PM
So I think I got this down correct, if Liverpool win 1-0 it will go to 30 mins extra time and then penalties if needed. If Liverpool should win 2-1, then they would go out on the away goals rule; so if Villarreal score we need to win 3-1, of course a 2-0 win would see us through.

Yup you got it. If they score you need to match whatever that score is then get another in otherwise they are through.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on May 05, 2016, 04:27:01 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 05, 2016, 03:15:15 PM

Yup you got it. If they score you need to match whatever that score is then get another in otherwise they are through.

Or you could just win the game outright by scoring 3 and allowing 0. ;D

Here's a hi-lighted section from BBC Sport:

The early opener came after Nathaniel Clyne crossed to the back post and Firmino put it back into the danger area. Sturridge missed the ball, but Bruno nudged into his own net.

Goal by Bruno for Liverpool!

I think Liverpool played better than Villarreal and kept the pressure up most of the game, but not so much that they created tons of chances, seems like that first goal hit Villarreal pretty hard.

Would be fun to be in Liverpool tonight, hey? I'm sure there is going to be a lot of folks calling into work sick tomorrow.

Next stop Basel.

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 06, 2016, 02:33:29 AM
I think Liverpool played better than Villarreal and kept the pressure up most of the game, but not so much that they created tons of chances, seems like that first goal hit Villarreal pretty hard.

Villarreal pretty much didn't turn up. A bit like Manchester City against Real Madrid, City were also fortunate that Real didn't show up either. But Liverpool were well deserved winners, pressed all game, always attacked, kept focused all game. Only think of one time in the entire game that Villarreal were an actual threat to Liverpool. Good to see a British team take the UEFA Cup seriously for once.

Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Arsenal and Man City drawing today has made the last two games interesting for us!

Claireliontamer

Just seen an e-mail from scamp's school PTA (parent teacher association who raise money for school trips etc) that they have this:

You can buy tickets to win it, why would anyone waste money!?!

Or.....I might enter just so if I win I can burn it ;)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 10, 2016, 10:42:03 AM
Just seen an e-mail from scamp's school PTA (parent teacher association who raise money for school trips etc) that they have this:

You can buy tickets to win it, why would anyone waste money!?!

Or.....I might enter just so if I win I can burn it ;)

First Claire tells us that Scamp is an Liverpool fan, now she's posting autographed LFC jersey's on the forum?

You know what I think? I think you actually really want the jersey Claire because deep down inside, in your heart of hearts you're actually a Liverpool fan and you're too scared to come out and say it!

Well c'mon Claire, and just admit to us that you're really a Liverpool fan, it's okay, there's no judgment here at HAF. Everyone likes and respects you, and everyone will understand your desire to be with the greatest Football Club, to be on the winning side.

Please Claire do it, leave the dark side that is Manchester United (Leave MU to the Crow's of this world who simply love Rooney so much they want him to play for ever, and ever, and ever, etc...)

Or you could win the jersey and just give it to me... ;D

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 10, 2016, 05:55:13 PM
Leave MU to the Crow's of this world who simply love Rooney so much they want him to play for ever, and ever, and ever, etc...

Oi! I have never been so offended in all my life.

As long as he stays at United he can play in his zimmer frame for all I care.
Retired member.

Crow

Retired member.