News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

10,000 Posts for OldGit

Started by Recusant, October 16, 2015, 04:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit

That's very kind of you all.  If indeed I have contributed a few amusing posts, it's only been possible in the context of this witty and lively place.  Thank you, everybody, I get a great deal out of being here.

Insoluble

You're so old but not quite dead yet, kudos.
Do you have any tips for the rest of us?
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

OldGit

Yes - stick to the same username.  Every time you change it. M'Shimba M'Shamba swallows another piece of your soul.

DeterminedJuliet

Congrats OG! You are a corner stone of HAF and it always makes me happy to see you post. :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, OG! I always enjoy reading your posts and your witty sense of humour, keep 'em coming! 8)   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Congrats, Old Git. Up to the next 10,000.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Claireliontamer

10,000 is very impressive OG.  I'm really glad you're on this board :)

Insoluble

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 18, 2015, 01:52:59 AM
Congrats, OG! I always enjoy reading your posts and your witty sense of humour, keep 'em coming! 8)

Always? even the one where his dog died?
Seems a bit callous, if it'd be a cat though...
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Essie Mae

Congrats Old Git, humour and pathos; always entertaining.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Insoluble on October 20, 2015, 11:57:15 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 18, 2015, 01:52:59 AM

Always? even the one where his dog died?
Seems a bit callous, if it'd be a cat though...

Now you're just nitpicking, Insoluble Pudding. ;)

Ok, I retract the "always".  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Brave Patato

CONGRATS
...also from Switzerland *hands some chocolate*  ;D
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there can't be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on the werewolf question."

Lark

Yes, well done and a pleasure to have met you :-)   Hope to try again if things go well later on.  Give dog a pat !