News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Poor New Orleans.  Ida is projected to be a Category 4 Hurricane when it hits the Louisiana coast. Nature appears to have it in for that state and city.

billy rubin

years ago i interviewed in new orleans with shell oil for a position as a geologist. ended up gling to work for exxon in west texas instead.

but while i was tbere i asked where people lived, and ghey recommended metaire across the lake.

metaire went 12 feet under water during katrina later on. and looks like it might be doing it again.

south louisiana is a fascinating place, but i wouldnt want to live there

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

Quote from: billy rubin on August 29, 2021, 01:15:54 AM
years ago i interviewed in new orleans with shell oil for a position as a geologist. ended up gling to work for exxon in west texas instead.

but while i was tbere i asked where people lived, and ghey recommended metaire across the lake.

metaire went 12 feet under water during katrina later on. and looks like it might be doing it again.

south louisiana is a fascinating place, but i wouldnt want to live there

The only person I know in New Orleans is making plans to move to Canada because they're uncertain of what climate change will bring to the city in the near future. Pretty fricking scary and sad.

hermes2015

Despite a clear sky with sunshine, it is -1° today. The predicted snowfalls are unlikely.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Probably there are some folks who will welcome Tropical Storm Peter.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 19, 2021, 06:32:28 PM

What is this doing off the coast of northern NSW?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Not to be picky, but 39.1 mm isn't very big.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on September 20, 2021, 09:41:31 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 19, 2021, 06:32:28 PM

What is this doing off the coast of northern NSW?
Peter gets around, what can I say?

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 20, 2021, 10:11:35 AM
Not to be picky, but 39.1 mm isn't very big.

It did get wet...surely you are aware of shrinkage?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Well today is the name of a famous pop group. Name that pop group!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Today is a very windy fifty degrees F. I'll be out on the water soon enough. Hopefully there isn't too much spray.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Well it snowed last night and north of here the winds gusted to 100mph. One person killed in the lake district by a falling tree :(

billy rubin

drove my steel into dallas. got done at about 1930, and had to drive 70 miles to oklahoma before i could find a place to park. i do not like cities.

but i spent the night in the chickasaw nation, where i have 180 years of ancestors buried. and it was refreshing to be back in tbe prairies aga8n. drove out through the sac and fox, the seminole, the creek, and the cherokee.

loaded a 32000 pound coil of aluminum in arkansas and im headed for kentucky tomorrow

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."