News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I truly hope the chump loses, but not by nearly getting his hair parted by a rifle round.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

I have rolled over in my mind; what would be the short term and long term outcome if the shot had gone an inch or two to the right?   

Dark Lightning

I, most US voters, and a lot of people in the world would breathe a sigh of relief, is my call.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2024, 09:38:23 AM1", just 1"!
Were you lamenting that Donald Trump was injured, or that he was not killed?

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 15, 2024, 02:06:22 AMI, most US voters, and a lot of people in the world would breathe a sigh of relief, is my call.
I think I would be saddened by an assassination of a political opponent - even the most loathesome of environ-mentalists or Communists. There be rules to the game, and my weapon against them is my vote. If it proves insufficient - then it's for me to opine from the shadows, building up support for my causes while they rule, until I can try again and try better.

Of course, it may be and probably is different in nations where if power were to change hands, it would have to involve someone's death. Then, different sorts of rules apply. The United States is not such a nation yet.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on July 15, 2024, 10:21:50 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2024, 09:38:23 AM1", just 1"!
Were you lamenting that Donald Trump was injured, or that he was not killed?

I shall leave that to your imagination :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Fair enough. I'll just have to assume the worst. ;)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Tank

Well I'm off to the Croft race track tomorrow, Saturday, as a guest of my daughter. The place she works has a hospitality set up there and I have a day ticket. The races are the British Touring Car Championship (BTTC) so Porches, Minis and custom road cars BMW Nissan etc. It's not the full race day, that is Sunday, but there are some races, qualifying and practice sessions. I think we get some time to wander around the pits and plenty of photo ops.