News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

arab-israeli conflict

Started by Asmodean Prime, July 26, 2006, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iplaw

I guess it all depends on your point of view Court.  One person's protective eithical code is another's repression. And Big Mac I do agree I'd rather not be covered in sh@t either.  Muhammad Jihad Durk Allah.  Durka Durka

Big Mac

Ah but onlyme, Christianity was JUST LIKE that. In fact it predates Islam, and considering Islam used both Christianity and Judaism as its sources, one wonders where it got the idea about women's place in society. Durqa durqa durqa, allah allah, jihad!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"
Quote from: "Court"Christianity is one of the most depressingly repressive religions out there. I feel sorry for people who try to be "good christians."

court, surely you have heard about how muslims treat their women and lawbreakers.  That is more repressive than Christianity.

Hello, I said "one of." Islam's definitely up there, as well.
And Christianity is just as repressive.

Quote from: "onlyme"As for repressive, well, to be honest, I think that in Christianity, 90 percent of the battle is within ourselves, that is, directed at controlling our own selfish desires rather than imposing such views on the world.
First of all, christianity does try to impose its moral views on the world. Let's think about anti-abortionists protesting and harassing patients. Let's think about the religious right fighting tooth and nail to teach our children ignorance with abstinence-based sex ed programs. It's simply a lie to say that christians are not trying to impose their false morals on the world. A lie.
Secondly, that's the problem with christians! They are voluntary repressing themselves! It's ridiculous. Why would god give you natural human desires and then expect you to "battle" them all of the time?
And, so we're on the same page, please tell me exactly what you're talking about when you say "our selfish desires." Like, sex and lying? What sins to you place under that label?

Quote from: "onlyme"It may be difficult for us to try and control our own selfish urges and desires, etc, but it's generally for the benefit of society at large.  This relates to other postings I've made, for example, single parent families, paedophilia, and other things.
I simply am astounded that you group single parent families with pedophilia. Astounded.
Anyway, again, I would like for you to elaborate what you mean exactly by "selfish desires and urges." What things does christianity forbid that you want to do anyway (but, through a test of willpower, I guess, you overcome)? I'd like a list of what you think are the worse sins that battled within oneself.

Quote from: "onlyme"All I'm saying is that sometimes we need to keep ourselves in check for the good of others, rather than being a 'me, me' generation which seeks only our own fulfilment, and to hell with the rest.
I guess I can't really respond to this until I know exactly what sins you mean, because I'm not sure what you mean by "keeping ourselves in check"....
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Court

Man, we are derailing. Let me make a split topic about this...

Done: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/ftopic135.html
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Asmodean Prime

As for Christians 'imposing' their moral values on the world - as I said, the main thrust of our lives should be centered on 'ourselves' rather than others.

I don't group paedophilia with single parent familes.  All I'm saying is that we sometimes have to abandon our own selfish attitudes, in favour of the greater good, whether it be paedophilia (selfish), or single parent families (abdicating our responsibilities to our childrend, in order to pursue our own selfish, pleasure-seeking agenda)

I know a lot of single parent familes do a great job.  My daughter is one of them.  I just wish that the father had made a commitment in the first place to his child, which he doesn't.  My grandson is a real person who misses his 'dad'.  What is wrong with people that they can get a girl pregnant, and then not care about either her, or the welfare of their child.  That is an abdication of responsibility in my opinion.  Or should we side with the 'father', and 'his' human rights, above the rights of the children that they produce.  I hope that common sense, and not selfishness, would prevail in this situation, among thinking people.

Court

Onlyme, I started a new thread. I'll copy your post onto it, but go to the link for responses.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Big Mac"It's not the US fault because Europeans are pussies when it comes to fighting a war (with the exception of Germany and a few Eastern Europe countries).

Bigmac, as I recall, America was very, very reluctant to join the 2nd world war, and it took the assault on pearl harbour to eventually bring them into it.

We brits are a tea-supping, stiff upper lipped, cricket loving race.  we don't arouse easily, but when forced into a corner to defend our homeland, we will strike with devastating effect (ref. the battle of britain).  Ok, maybe I'm being over-dramatic here.

We are not pussies.

"Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...."  and all that crap.

Ha ha ha

Big Mac

Without us and the Russians to help you guys, the Nazi's would have eventually Goose-stepped their kraut asses over the pond eventually and just hoisted up a Swastika over Buckingham Palace. Maybe if you guys hadn't been so appeasing to Hitler we Americans wouldn't even have to worry about the issue. The reason we were reluctant is because the last war you guys dragged us into before that was a rather stupid war that was inaptly named the Great War. A lot of Americans died helping the Allies in that one, we tried to learn from our mistakes.

So yes, you guys are pussies. You used to kick everyone's ass around but that time is through.

Oh yeah, Satan asked me to say this: "AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!! COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHER-FUCKIN' DAY, YEAH, AMERICA....FUCK YEAH!!!"

Asmodean Prime

Bigmac, bigmac

We Britons 'invented' you Americans, don't you know?   Without us, there never would have been an America.  You are our offspring.  You can't live without us.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Court"Onlyme, I started a new thread. I'll copy your post onto it, but go to the link for responses.

court, I don't know how to go to the link, there doesn't seem to be one here, unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, I digress. The point of my original posting was to bring to your attention that Israel, as a restored nation, is again at the centre of world politics, and surrounded on all sides by enemies, as prophecied in the bible. I believe also, as the bible says, that Israel, though attacked from every angle, will be victorious in the end, because God has sworn that He is fighting for them.  It's no use anyone opposing this view at the moment.  The end result will be the final judge.  

I believe that the Jews, though they rejected Christ, are indeed God's chosen people, because HE chose them.  They will fulfill His purpose.

Whitney

Quote from: "onlyme"
Quote from: "Court"Onlyme, I started a new thread. I'll copy your post onto it, but go to the link for responses.

court, I don't know how to go to the link, there doesn't seem to be one here, unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, I digress. The point of my original posting was to bring to your attention that Israel, as a restored nation, is again at the centre of world politics, and surrounded on all sides by enemies, as prophecied in the bible. I believe also, as the bible says, that Israel, though attacked from every angle, will be victorious in the end, because God has sworn that He is fighting for them.  It's no use anyone opposing this view at the moment.  The end result will be the final judge.  

I believe that the Jews, though they rejected Christ, are indeed God's chosen people, because HE chose them.  They will fulfill His purpose.

I think she was talking about this thread (Christianity=Repressive?):  http://www.happyatheistforum.com/ftopic135.html

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyme"Bigmac, bigmac

We Britons 'invented' you Americans, don't you know?   Without us, there never would have been an America.  You are our offspring.  You can't live without us.

The circle is complete the student has become the teacher. Notice Vader, played by an American kicked Obi-Wan's ass, who was played by a Brit. Coincidence, I don't think so!

We might be your offspring but we just sent your collective asses to the retirement home! FUCK YEAH!

Asmodean Prime

You think so, eh?

You've heard of gulf war II?  Well, on behalf of, and on the authority of my Prime Minister, (Poodle Blair?!?!), I hereby declare War of Independance II on the American people.  We will bring you back into line.

You needed and asked for our help in the war on terror.  You rely on our intelligence services and our military expertise.  The British soldier is renowned the world over as the best soldier in the world.

As I said before, you are our offspring.  Only an offspring.  You have a lot to learn.

When you come crawling back with your tail between your legs, we might just be able to agree on a compromise so as not to embarrass y'all.

Big Mac

hahahaah, We only need you guys to make us look semi-legit. Otherwise, you guys would be sucking our balls and licking our butts right now (Fuck yeah, America!!!).

British soldier was considered the best soldier.....about 160 years ago. When the world still had a huge argument about whether the sun revolved around us or not. And people were crying about Darwin and stuff. Just give up, you tea guzzling, Nazi appeasing, French touching, sissy boys, we Americans can own guns, how about that, huh? HUH?!

Asmodean Prime

Maybe saddam hussain had a point at the start of the first gulf war when he said that americans were all just women, in dresses, .....or something like that.

"We Americans can own guns"?

Not for much longer, if current trends continue to be implemented.  You are slowly and systematically entering a state where you, too, will be disarmed, and all under your very noses.  You just fail to see it.

Your so-called freedom and liberties are being taken away.  But you are so smug and self confident that you are blind to it.

All Hail Bush!   Ha ha ha!!