News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Godel's Ontological Argument

Started by iplaw, July 24, 2006, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Promethium147

Of course, I operate on the assumption that there are relatively few Baptists and Jehova's Witnesses in THIS thread - reading it all before I began bore this out.

I agree - I never argue with a theist thus - instead, I might pull out a simple argument, such as "God CANNOT exist, by simple logic" and offer the simple Reductio ad Absurdum argument I posted above. Sounds fancy, but it is a single syllogism - doesn't get any simpler.

He must then refute it in some way before we can proceed - I will abide no unnecessary resort to more complex arguments. You must agree with this, or disagree with the logic, or reformulate the premise - there are no alternatives.

Most often they argue that the Logic is TOO SIMPLE. Egad. They are Too Far Gone.

AHA! I'm arguing with YOUSE GUYS! You are wasting your time on absurdly complex arguments, specifically formulated to confuse you - and nothing more. Cut to the simple, slice with Occam's Razor - that's precisely what it's for.

Now, the Tactic used by these PseudoSophist hacks is interesting, it actually sways someone, to be sure. But these are most likely beyond hope - Seekers of a Governing Authority.

But if it works, perhaps a similar technique can be applied to those sittin' on the fence. AH, AN INSPIRATION COMES TO ME...

I hope you are not Seeking Authority - but it seems likely you aren't. You appear to act far too Responsibly.

Here's a Hoot - I attended a Grand Mass (or whaddever they call it) for the Music in the Cathedral. The damned Bishop showed up, in a limo, full regalia, and I had the golden opportunity to meet and greet him at the curb with a small crowd - quite atypically attired, and my hair down to my ass.

He said "OH are you a member of the church?" Yes, my dress was that atypical.

I said "Heaven's no - just another Atheist in the Choir."

He grinned, started to turn, and I said "may I ask you a question?'

He paused politely. I said "How's that Vow of Poverty workin' for ya?"

He turned Red as the Rose, and walked away, while I suddenly roared with  laughter and loudly exclaimed - JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH!

Oh, I know how to have a Bit 'o Fun, Ya.