News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I offer no defense of right-wing American Christians, who often equate guns and faith. But I would defend Jesus here - I highly doubt he would would approve of how his message has been prostituted by evangelicals. For my part, I wouldn't want an object like that anywhere near me.

No one

You're forgetting that the savior speaks directly to them.

Magdalena

Lately, I have been following hermes2015's rule:
"If it's not beautiful or useful, throw it away." That thing is neither.  :reading:

;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on June 16, 2021, 05:14:41 PM
You're forgetting that the savior speaks directly to them.

Sure he does - just ask them.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 16, 2021, 04:28:36 PM
I offer no defense of right-wing American Christians, who often equate guns and faith. But I would defend Jesus here - I highly doubt he would would approve of how his message has been prostituted by evangelicals. For my part, I wouldn't want an object like that anywhere near me.

Good old Jesus, he is such a customisable deity, people have been using him to justify what they want to do forever.
He's been approving one or more sides of wars, anointing kings approving popes, he's a busy fellow.
Why can't he drop by now and then, maybe just do a fly by through the solar system every fifty years.
The faith thing is just too convenient for the spruikers, who lack any actual reliable proof.
Gods shouldn't expect us to trust the words of men, men are not trustworthy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

I don't really know if this is the right place for this, as it's not actually a joke though it is funny...I mean there are religious folks carrying this around with them who are completely serious thinking this will protect them?! Also, why the hell didn't Jesus pull out or simply wear a condom??

Icarus

That ain't funny Bruno.  It unnerves me because I know that there are real people out there, lots of em, who are on board with that kind of spooky reasoning. 

Recusant

Hmm, the small print makes me think this is a Poe.  :maskwink:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

This is the actual card that has been flying around the internet, and as Recusant commented the image I posted earlier was definately altered from the original one I am posting here.

Although I do think this is sad, especially for those who will be infected by the people who refused to be vaccinated. I also still find it funny. Especially the part here that reads the Anti-Body of Christ, as I don't recall studying about Jesus's anti-bodies in either immunology or religious class. (It's like Jesus holds up the bread and says, "This is My Body", and then puts bread into a super-collider and says, "This is My Anti-Body)

Then you have the "I Did My Own Research Crowd".

I did1 my own2 research3

1)watched
2)someone else's
3)shitty YouTube video

These are signs of the times.

Ecurb Noselrub

They won't get vaccinated because a bunch of people posted anecdotal reports of bad outcomes on the Internet. Yet they will fly in an airplane, even though the Tenerife crash back the 70's killed over 500, and thousands more have died in fiery crashes before and since then.  It's almost as if they don't understand statistics.  (Heh)

Bad Penny II

The mass protests to lockdowns are wonderful, kinda like biological vandalism.

Then there's the ones that are so anti mask, just seeing someone wearing a mask sends them over the edge and they have to smack that masked head.  You can't blame them, they were provoked.

The anti vaxers so strong in their belief that they not only reject getting jabbed, they strike out at vaccination venues, true heroes of our times.

It's times like these I'm glad our unpleasantly weird fuckers haven't got as many guns as American unpleasantly weird fuckers.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm happy to know that the USA is not the only place where there are crazy anti-vaxers.  Living in Texas, sometimes it feels like we are ground-zero for stupid and crazy.  My wife wants to move, but I need to stay here to practice law.  But where would I go?  Crazies are everywhere.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 01, 2021, 02:35:02 PM
I'm happy to know that the USA is not the only place where there are crazy anti-vaxers.  Living in Texas, sometimes it feels like we are ground-zero for stupid and crazy.  My wife wants to move, but I need to stay here to practice law.  But where would I go?  Crazies are everywhere.

The obvious answer is you need a wall, just to keep the riff raff out.
Not a silly Trump wall, creatures and the unkempt can wander by,
they just can't come in, not unless they've been taught the rules.