News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

^
We had a very territorial cob swan on the canal, right next to the pub. It would go for anyone wearing white trousers, shorts or shirt.  Close up, wings and neck outstretched them's formidable beasties!

Great sport for a sunny Sunday pm with a pint. Gone now, often wonder if the pair of giant snapping turtles that also live on that stretch took it under. Like to give whoever let those loose a good kicking, they were decimating the local water wildlife almost as bad as freed mink. And not so easy to trap.

jumbojak

You don't trap snapping turtles, you bait a big honking hook on a piece of thick cable with a chicken thigh. When they bite you let them wear themselves out for a day or two and then drag them up to finish the job with sledgehammers. Soak the carcass in a tub of milk and then you make a tasty soup. Tough buggers but good eating.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on November 14, 2017, 11:07:44 PM
You don't trap snapping turtles, you bait a big honking hook on a piece of thick cable with a chicken thigh. When they bite you let them wear themselves out for a day or two and then drag them up to finish the job with sledgehammers. Soak the carcass in a tub of milk and then you make a tasty soup. Tough buggers but good eating.

I would hapily shoot them! We have had lots of problems from introduced species (red squirrel, American signal crawfish, Japanese knot weed, water hyacinth, released mink snd coypu etc) and do not need more.

Dave

Sandra Craft

^^^  :dance:  I love it, thank you (I'd use an explanation mark, but it's not working on my keyboard).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

I used to like Dave :o

(Kats are not atheist, butt everything else they say about them here is correct and accurate)

Dave

Just for Bruno

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on November 22, 2017, 02:44:00 PM
Just for Bruno

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Okay we can be friends again, thanks Dave ;D

Dave

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave