Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

^^^
Oh, fuck!
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread.
Could someone help me move it to the, "I think there's something wrong with my brain" Thread?  :lol:

...But seriously... :shifty:
I think there's something wrong with my brain. Maybe there has always been something wrong with my brain but I've noticed it more lately.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on October 25, 2017, 12:59:27 AM
^^^
Oh, fuck!
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread.
Could someone help me move it to the, "I think there's something wrong with my brain" Thread?  :lol:

...But seriously... :shifty:
I think there's something wrong with my brain. Maybe there has always been something wrong with my brain but I've noticed it more lately.  :grin:

Them bots is everywhere!

Had a similar exercise on Amazon, ended up posing my queations as merely a list of key words - got the same "polite" answer as when full sentences used. Even random key words mixed with gobbledegook elictited "answers". Now I used the phone help line over the email one every time.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 25, 2017, 03:55:30 AM
Them bots is everywhere!
This is the first time I have to deal with a bot. It did solve half of my problem because it gave me a phone number where I can call and cancel my internet. What I didn't like was the company not telling me ahead of time that this is only a bot and its responses are limited.  :nu-uh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on October 24, 2017, 10:25:30 PM
Bored?  Need to piss away 20 minutes before the next episode in your life begins, like being called to dinner or something? Take this quiz about historical facts in the 20th century.  http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/18533/qidx69

Kinda', sorta' fun.  Post your score here and we will know who the old folks are.  Much of it, but not all of it, concerns US events. Brits and others can take a pass on those questions. There are 70 of them.

100% score. The questions were pretty simple. Two corrections though: in 1939 WWII started when Germany and Russia invaded Poland. Apartheid didn't end in 1991 but in 1993 (the negotiations started in 1991).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on October 25, 2017, 07:16:13 PM
Bored?  Need to piss away 20 minutes before the next episode in your life begins, like being called to dinner or something? Take this quiz about historical facts in the 20th century.  http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/18533/qidx69

Kinda', sorta' fun.  Post your score here and we will know who the old folks are.  Much of it, but not all of it, concerns US events. Brits and others can take a pass on those questions. There are 70 of them.

100% score. The questions were pretty simple. Two corrections though: in 1939 WWII started when Germany and Russia invaded Poland. Apartheid didn't end in 1991 but in 1993 (the negotiations started in 1991).

91%, and I do not have "an awe-inspiring memory for dates in history".  I didn't even notice the dates till I was half-way thru, I was going by the pictures.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

95%. I got 3 wrong. Two were silly mistakes.

But if I'd know at the beginning what I spotted part way in it would have been higher  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: Tom62 on October 25, 2017, 07:16:13 PM

To be honest, the pictures gave away a lot of clues.  I had to guess three times only (and was lucky).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

I surprised myself by getting as high as 81%!

Too many very specifically American domestic questions for me, had to make lots of guesses and a few random jabs just to get to the next question.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

No one