News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 20, 2017, 08:11:02 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 20, 2017, 06:45:21 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 20, 2017, 04:38:57 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 20, 2017, 04:03:01 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 20, 2017, 03:52:17 AM

Wow. That's a nice arrangement of molecules.
:lol:

I'm gonna say this to my man next time I see him naked.  :snicker:
~That poor hippie is not gonna know what hit him.  ;D

Bet he's still going to appreciate it.  :grin:

There's an anecdote to the effect that Aaron Copland once watched a handsome young man walk by and said to the person with him, "There goes my 4th Symphony."

That was impressive... 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

^
:lol:

Got a box of those in the attic. Even got a USB floppy disc player, bought for my then new laptop before USB memory sticks and memory cards etc came out at prices I could afford - in 2004. How quickly things go out of date! In fact that old laptop did not have a SD slot, had to buy USB plug in reader.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

I had a load of these with sensitive content so had to split back from fronts and then cut the floppy disk.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

I have some of those that are exceptionally valuable....If only I had a computer that would accommodate them......

Wait! I do have a computer that can use those.  I have a cherished IBM Aptiva machine that runs 95.  It has some programs that are stupendous.   One of them is called Mathcad.  The most complete and versatile math program that I have ever seen. I could get a new version that would work on my My 10 computer but it would cost $1600.  The old 95 machine has some wire frame CAD programs that I like too.  I rarely use the old IBM but it is the most useful, reliable, and friendly machine that I have ever had.  I am afraid to use it because I fear that it will crash or melt into a pile of smoking dust, dirt, failed transistors and capacitors, and take all those beautiful programs into the irretrievable circles of hell. 

xSilverPhinx

I remember floppy disks. You would need quite a few of them to install a program! :lol:

My father bought the game Doom II back in the pre-CD era and I installed them in my computer to play. My computer was a Windows XP and had a whopping 125 GB of HD. Doom II and Taipei (Mahjong) which came with an ancient windows game pack were my favourites. Ah, the memories. :tellmemore:

Icarus

Silver  has a sly sense of humor which I appreciate.  I suspect that others do too. I wonder if a lot of Brazilians have a button down mind.  Here is a Brazilian piano player, Elaine Rodriques, who pulls it off pretty well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbRTRBY4D4

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2017, 11:06:44 PM
I remember floppy disks. You would need quite a few of them to install a program! :lol:

I bought the Wiley mass spectral database in the 80s. It came on about 46 stiffies. There was an installation glitch at around disc 35, and we had to start installing again from the beginning. The current version is much bigger, but fits on a tiny USB stick.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2017, 11:06:44 PM

My father bought the game Doom II back in the pre-CD era and I installed them in my computer to play. My computer was a Windows XP and had a whopping 125 GB of HD. Doom II and Taipei (Mahjong) which came with an ancient windows game pack were my favourites. Ah, the memories. :tellmemore:

Wow! 125GB? My first PC ran at 60MHz with 128kB RAM and a , then whopping, 120MB hard drive. And Word 2 came on 9 discs. Upping it to 256kB RAM cost me over £100.

We had MathCad at work, Icarus, lovely prog!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Bored?  Need to piss away 20 minutes before the next episode in your life begins, like being called to dinner or something? Take this quiz about historical facts in the 20th century.  http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/18533/qidx69

Kinda', sorta' fun.  Post your score here and we will know who the old folks are.  Much of it, but not all of it, concerns US events. Brits and others can take a pass on those questions. There are 70 of them.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 24, 2017, 10:25:30 PM
Bored?  Need to piss away 20 minutes before the next episode in your life begins, like being called to dinner or something? Take this quiz about historical facts in the 20th century.  http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/18533/qidx69

Kinda', sorta' fun.  Post your score here and we will know who the old folks are.  Much of it, but not all of it, concerns US events. Brits and others can take a pass on those questions. There are 70 of them.
I took it.
Your Score: 91%
History Genius

:smug:

Pictures or it didn't happen:
http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz-result/18533

Edit:
Wait a minute!
I just went back to the link and it says:
QuoteYour Score: 0%
You Don't Know Much About History...
...or maybe you just don't have a good memory for dates?
>:(

I got 91%, I did! Really!  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

...Anyways...

Something weird happened today. :shifty:

I tried to cancel my internet, so I decided to use the "chat" option they have available. Here I am typing, watching my grammar and punctuation. I get an answer, I ask another question, I get the same answer. I'm thinking, "This is weird." I decide to ask a silly question, I don't care if the person chatting with me thinks it's weird so I ask it anyways. I asked, "Are you a robot?" They answer:
QuoteI am a dynamic, intelligent self-service virtual guide designed to assist you with managing your cable services. I take all feedback very seriously and my creators are constantly looking for ways to improve my knowledge to better help you!

I wrote: "Your creators? LOL!"

They answered:
QuoteI am a dynamic, intelligent self-service virtual guide designed to assist you with managing your cable services. I take all feedback very seriously and my creators are constantly looking for ways to improve my knowledge to better help you!
:fingertap:

I didn't know this "thing" was going on. I was able to tell real fast that this "thing" wasn't a human being.  :snooty: