News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

^^^  I wish!!  More like Velma's house, I think tho.  If I had that much room, I'd have more cats.

It resembles what used to be my favorite used bookstore, Acres of Books.  If you were lucky, you might run into Ray Bradbury there, because it was also his favorite bookstore.  Acres went out of business long ago (couldn't compete with online and big box bookstores) so my dream of being buried under books during an earthquake will have to wait until I build up my collection some more.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Claireliontamer

It's like one of my favourite bookshops too.  It is really difficult for small bookshops since the rise of Amazon but you can't beat them for shopping experience.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 25, 2017, 10:26:14 PM
It's like one of my favourite bookshops in York too.  It is really difficult for small bookshops since the rise of Amazon but you can't beat them for shopping experience.

Too true, esp. since the clerks in independent stores are usually so much more knowledgeable about books.  I've found a couple of clerks in big box stores who knew their stuff, but anyone behind the counter at Acres would be able to help me even if I just had a vague description of a book I'd heard about and was interested in.  Enormously useful in the pre-Google days.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

I'm a huge fan of the Velvet Underground. I simply can't state how much this music and especially the music of Lou Reed meant to me in my early, wild days...and as a kid I was loved the Charles Schulz's work with the Peanuts Gang. (Especially his early work of the 50's, when the drawings had a more infant appearance)

Anyway I give you the Peanuts Underground, with our favorite Peanut's character portrayed as the Velvet Underground. It's definitely most fitting and totally cool that Snoopy should portray Lou, and I like how both Nico and Andy Warhol are included.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

^ Not dog parts but our western cowboys do consume a delicacy they call euphemistically call sweetmeats, alternatively mountain oysters. Those parts come from boy cows.

Waste not. want not     :smokincowboy: