Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 14, 2017, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 03:28:28 AM

But... but... see my edit of my post!  :query:

OK, sorry.  It goes something like this: the alt-right believes Nazis are used to represent all white people, therefore they claim that games involving killing Nazis are encouraging the killing of all white people -- which is bad.  Personally, I think they understand perfectly well that Nazis just represent Nazis and don't like having targets on their backs.  So for them killing Nazis is still bad because they're Nazis but don't like using that word (bad for their brand) so they make up a lot of bullshit about Nazis representing white people.  Better?

QuoteEven your later iteration seems confuding to my poor brain, Books. If the alt-right are annoyed (-ve) that killing Nazis is depicted as bad (-ve) then they, surely, consider that killing Nazis is good?

I think I'm still off track on my explanation.  The alt-right gamers are upset because Wolfenstein depicts the killing of Nazis as a good thing which, being Nazis, the alt-right objects to.

Riiiiight, I think.

So, being a self-declared non-Nazi I am also a non-white to them?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 14, 2017, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 03:28:28 AM

But... but... see my edit of my post!  :query:

OK, sorry.  It goes something like this: the alt-right believes Nazis are used to represent all white people, therefore they claim that games involving killing Nazis are encouraging the killing of all white people -- which is bad.  Personally, I think they understand perfectly well that Nazis just represent Nazis and don't like having targets on their backs.  So for them killing Nazis is still bad because they're Nazis but don't like using that word (bad for their brand) so they make up a lot of bullshit about Nazis representing white people.  Better?

QuoteEven your later iteration seems confuding to my poor brain, Books. If the alt-right are annoyed (-ve) that killing Nazis is depicted as bad (-ve) then they, surely, consider that killing Nazis is good?

I think I'm still off track on my explanation.  The alt-right gamers are upset because Wolfenstein depicts the killing of Nazis as a good thing which, being Nazis, the alt-right objects to.

Riiiiight, I think.

You are not "non-white" to them, but rather seen as sympathetic to those who oppose white nationalism. Even Richard Spencer the leader of the "Alt-Right" who has not only quoted Hitler, but spouted Nazi propaganda has said the Nazi's did some "Awful" things, though he didn't come out and say exactly which acts were "awful".
The screen-shot I posted earlier was that of a sarcastic posing by someone on a gamer site.

Basically it's the alt-right complaining that people protesting and shutting down their ability to speak on campus's deny's them their freedom of speech, that those of us who oppose them should be meeting them with polite forms of dialogue, not sucker-punching them on the side of the head, but my thought is when the right-wing comes for other's right to exist it becomes a bigger issue than their freedom of speech. This is about protecting friends, neighbors, communities, family members,...ourselves.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

^

Oh well, being an aspiring hunanist sort of prevents me from being a white nationalist! However that does not stop me being against any non-inclusive ideology or anti-social or inhumane cultural behaviour, whether espoused or committed by white, yellow, brown or black humans.

Arturo

I spoke with my barber about how "some people seem to hate anyone who's not a caucasian." I speak with people like that online sometimes and I like to tell them that in the usa that White people make up an overwhelmingly large percentage of the prison population. When I show the white priders the proof of that from the governement websites they still don't want to believe it because it conflicts with their point of view.

But hispanics and latinos aren't on there because they aren't considered a race by the governement.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 14, 2017, 10:25:14 PM
I spoke with my barber about how "some people seem to hate anyone who's not a caucasian." I speak with people like that online sometimes and I like to tell them that in the usa that White people make up an overwhelmingly large percentage of the prison population. When I show the white priders the proof of that from the governement websites they still don't want to believe it because it conflicts with their point of view.

But hispanics and latinos aren't on there because they aren't considered a race by the governement.

The critical thing for arrests and imprisonment is usually the proportion taking the percentage of the whole population into account. If there are 200 million of one group and 100 million of another then one might expect there to be a 2:1 ratio of those in the prison population - if all behave in the same way and justice prevails. If it is 2.5:1 or 1.5:1 then either one group misbehaves more or there is bias. But one culture's accepted behaviour might be another's anti-social behaviour. Unfortunately the culture of the majority group tends to be regarded as the norm

Bias can range from obvious to virtually impossible to prove. Only where there are almost identical offences and mitigating or aggravating matters, yet very dissimilar judicial outcomes, does it become obvious to any rational, objective person. Are all police and judges rational and fully objective? They should be. Should.

The likes of white priders etc. is never going to be either rational or objective.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 11:11:29 PM
Quote from: Arturo on June 14, 2017, 10:25:14 PM

The critical thing for arrests and imprisonment is usually the proportion taking the percentage of the whole population into account. If there are 200 million of one group and 100 million of another then one might expect there to be a 2:1 ratio of those in the prison population - if all behave in the same way and justice prevails. If it is 2.5:1 or 1.5:1 then either one group misbehaves more or there is bias. But one culture's accepted behaviour might be another's anti-social behaviour. Unfortunately the culture of the majority group tends to be regarded as the norm

Bias can range from obvious to virtually impossible to prove. Only where there are almost identical offences and mitigating or aggravating matters, yet very dissimilar judicial outcomes, does it become obvious to any rational, objective person. Are all police and judges rational and fully objective? They should be. Should.

The likes of white priders etc. is never going to be either rational or objective.
Yeah I was always curious about the ratio of people in jail to people that are not, per race. The idea that white nationalists want to objectively "prove" their superiority is often false because they tend to get mad very easily. And emotion shuts down all ability to think critically.

Since their ideology is based on hate, and they want people to speak to them the way they want them to, they seem to be the "special snowflakes" that they despise so much.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Gloucester, you did well with your  the cogent, but simplistic, explanation in your post #664.  WTF does not so many of the great unwashed of our colonist society understand such elementary reasoning.......never mind..... I have had too much of the evil  scotch beverage at this time..

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 06:10:39 PM

I think you may qualify as a race traitor, or perhaps an antifa (anti-facist) but I'm not sure about that last one, it seems to apply mostly to young people.  My personal experience here is about 50 years out of date.  In any case, you're as good as non-white.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 14, 2017, 06:29:10 PM
Basically it's the alt-right complaining that people protesting and shutting down their ability to speak on campus's deny's them their freedom of speech, . . .

This is something I've never been clear about.  Freedom of speech applies to what a government agency can, and mostly can't, do to control or punish a citizen's expression.  Private companies and individuals can do what they want, as long as they don't break the law, when it comes to restricting or "punishing" someone for what they say.  So where do universities fit into this?  If they get a lot of federal funding are they considered the same as a federal agency?  It seems to me that shouldn't be so, but a number of people argue that it is.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 15, 2017, 06:14:59 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 14, 2017, 06:29:10 PM
Basically it's the alt-right complaining that people protesting and shutting down their ability to speak on campus's deny's them their freedom of speech, . . .

This is something I've never been clear about.  Freedom of speech applies to what a government agency can, and mostly can't, do to control or punish a citizen's expression.  Private companies and individuals can do what they want, as long as they don't break the law, when it comes to restricting or "punishing" someone for what they say.  So where do universities fit into this?  If they get a lot of federal funding are they considered the same as a federal agency?  It seems to me that shouldn't be so, but a number of people argue that it is.

They are just going to use their "freedom of speech" to knock down other people's freedoms. In fact that's what they're doing when they go to these universities and complain about the complaining. You can say what you want but bitching is still a form of speech, so everyone's nitpicking is just as good as the next.

The problem is, they act like white people are a subclass so they can generate sympathy. There are some poor white people yes but not as bad proportionally to minorities. They're just little bitches.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Thought I'd share a short video of me in my new pool...just being silly!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 23, 2017, 01:49:14 PM

I've probably seen that gorilla, back when I lived in Dallas!

Essie Mae

Quote from: joeactor on June 23, 2017, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 23, 2017, 01:49:14 PM

I've probably seen that gorilla, back when I lived in Dallas!

An Oscar-deserving performance.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Claireliontamer

Dave

^
My kind of book place!

He did not have a cat but, back in the late 70s, a chap in Guildford opened up his large house as a 2h book shop. Not very organised, he sat in an armchair, smoking his pipe and reading - until a customer actually wanted to buy something. Then he was as likely to ask, "What do you think it's worth?" as give you a price. He had no till but an old draw insert from one that had change in it. Notes he kept in his jacket pocket.

He did coffee as well, if you wanted to go into the kitchen to make it yourself and leave a few coins in an old teapot without a lid. You were welcome to stay all day and read if you wanted. You met all kinds in there, some very educated, even if they were old, scruffy and a bit smelly.

Looked a bit like the picture. I loved it!