News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Chipmunks is smarter than katz!

http://i.imgur.com/7aiy0Wdh.gif

Won't play as gif with [img] tags for some reason.

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 10, 2017, 02:41:27 PM

I would wager that the people in that second graph are mentally ill or on drugs or both. I don't really see the reason vaccines would challenge someone's personal beliefs. They've been around for decades.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

This is a funny post,...sort of defends the notion of giving an American white supremacist like Richard Spencer a good kick in the ass, or elbow to the side of his head!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

I read on FB that a lot of alt-right players are angry that killing Nazis is being depicted as a bad thing.  They feel that doing so is "anti-white". 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 13, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
I read on FB that a lot of alt-right players are angry that killing Nazis is being depicted as a bad thing.  They feel that doing so is "anti-white".

Killing nazis....is....depicted....as a bad thing? Are they saying it's not a bad thing?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Arturo on June 14, 2017, 12:31:01 AM

Killing nazis....is....depicted....as a bad thing? Are they saying it's not a bad thing?

That is what they're saying, because Nazis represent all white people, don't you know.
Sandy

Dave

Yeah, I was a little confused there as well. Still seems a sort of double negative there.

Even your later iteration seems confuding to my poor brain, Books. If the alt-right are annoyed (-ve) that killing Nazis is depicted as bad (-ve) then they, surely, consider that killing Nazis is good?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 03:17:03 AM

Yeah, I'm a little confused there as well.

Welcome to alt-right logic in Trump's America.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 14, 2017, 03:22:40 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 03:17:03 AM

Yeah, I'm a little confused there as well.

Welcome to alt-right logic in Trump's America.

But... but... see my edit of my post!  :query:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on June 14, 2017, 03:28:28 AM

But... but... see my edit of my post!  :query:

OK, sorry.  It goes something like this: the alt-right believes Nazis are used to represent all white people, therefore they claim that games involving killing Nazis are encouraging the killing of all white people -- which is bad.  Personally, I think they understand perfectly well that Nazis just represent Nazis and don't like having targets on their backs.  So for them killing Nazis is still bad because they're Nazis but don't like using that word (bad for their brand) so they make up a lot of bullshit about Nazis representing white people.  Better?

QuoteEven your later iteration seems confuding to my poor brain, Books. If the alt-right are annoyed (-ve) that killing Nazis is depicted as bad (-ve) then they, surely, consider that killing Nazis is good?

I think I'm still off track on my explanation.  The alt-right gamers are upset because Wolfenstein depicts the killing of Nazis as a good thing which, being Nazis, the alt-right objects to.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Arturo on June 14, 2017, 04:59:52 AM
Ok so...let's go kill some nazis then?

I think we should start slow with just punching them in the face.
Sandy