News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Just a warning for the upcoming celebrations...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Dave

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Arturo

This is a conversation I had with a guy on another website. It's a video chat room so we see each others faces. And we always see his face, shit-faced. We tell him to stop doing a drug known as Kratom to which his best argument is "it's a plant". Then we asked him this.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on October 15, 2016, 03:33:31 AM
This is a conversation I had with a guy on another website. It's a video chat room so we see each others faces. And we always see his face, shit-faced. We tell him to stop doing a drug known as Kratom to which his best argument is "it's a plant". Then we asked him this.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The word, Kratom...sounds powerful...like Kriptonite!

What is this...Kratom?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Keaton is like a mild opiate, without being an opiate. It just became schedule 1 lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

OldGit

Essie Mae

Huge crash coming from kitchen, rushed out to see the imprint of a pigeon on the window and said pigeon on grass being pecked at by a kestrel. Mr M tried surreptitiously take pic but no match for kestrel who grabbed the pigeon and flew off over the fence with it. Today, in our back garden - now covered with pigeon feathers. Wow.

MariaEvri

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 07, 2016, 11:20:35 PM
Huge crash coming from kitchen, rushed out to see the imprint of a pigeon on the window and said pigeon on grass being pecked at by a kestrel. Mr M tried surreptitiously take pic but no match for kestrel who grabbed the pigeon and flew off over the fence with it. Today, in our back garden - now covered with pigeon feathers. Wow.
\
awesome
I usually find severed pigeon wings or legs from our resident kestrels
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Dave

Quote from: MariaEvri on November 08, 2016, 03:51:44 PM
\
awesome

Surprised that the kestrel could lift a pigeon.  Certainly take one down and eat there and them, but fly with it?

I have only ever seen them  go off with voles and shrews - their more normal diet, along with insects. IIRC they will go for birds in towns if small mammals are scarce.

Could it have been a sparrowhawk, Essie?

Essie Mae

Quote from: Gloucester on November 08, 2016, 06:06:59 PM
\
awesome

Surprised that the kestrel could lift a pigeon.  Certainly take one down and eat there and them, but fly with it?

I have only ever seen them  go off with voles and shrews - their more normal diet, along with insects. IIRC they will go for birds in towns if small mammals are scarce.

Well Mr M is very hot on identifying birds, and even I can tell the difference between kites, kestrels and sparrowhawks as for some reason 😀we are now getting more and more of all three around here. It was definitely a kestrel, I looked them up, - the pigeon looks quite small in the imprint which we haven't got round to removing yet. It certainly wasn't one of the pigeons the size of turkeys that often sit on our fence. I don't like pigeons much so I'm not sorry.

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 08, 2016, 09:00:05 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on November 08, 2016, 06:06:59 PM
\
awesome

Well Mr M is very hot on identifying birds, and even I can tell the difference between kites, kestrels and sparrowhawks as for some reason 😀we are now getting more and more of all three around here. It was definitely a kestrel, I looked them up, - the pigeon looks quite small in the imprint which we haven't got round to removing yet. It certainly wasn't one of the pigeons the size of turkeys that often sit on our fence. I don't like pigeons much so I'm not sorry.

Hmm, my friend has wood pigeons in her garden that would out weight a kestrel, even a female.

But she also has doves that are only about 1/2 the pigeon's weight at a guess.

I regularly handled both sexes of kestrels when I volunteered at a countryside centre. Plus Harris hawks, goshawks, peregrines and owls up to a six foot wing-span, 3+kg, Europearn Eagle Owl. That one could take lambs if it wanted! Pigeons were quick snacks to that one.