News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

I know a massive conspiracy theorist and I am going to try that next time they bring one up.
Retired member.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Darren's convictions make me truly sad that such narrow minded abjectly ignorant people are running around loose in our otherwise reasonably intelligent world. (sigh).

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

The thread about favorite superhero comics to movies reminded me of this:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Retired member.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 15, 2016, 06:31:04 AM
The thread about favorite superhero comics to movies reminded me of this:

Kinda reminded me of the Miller comic:

Basically dressed like that on every page.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 17, 2016, 11:36:53 AM
^^^ The 300?
Yep, that one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroic_nudity might provide an explanation. Sure is not practical to dress so scantily, as arrows should have been flying around all the time..

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guest on March 17, 2016, 01:41:09 PM
^^^ The 300?
Yep, that one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroic_nudity might provide an explanation. Sure is not practical to dress so scantily, as arrows should have been flying around all the time..

Still a lot of ancient people seem to have made a practice of going into combat naked.  The Celts were supposed to wear nothing but their tattoos into battle, apparently to scare their enemies.
Sandy

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 17, 2016, 02:00:53 PM
Quote from: Guest on March 17, 2016, 01:41:09 PM
^^^ The 300?

Still a lot of ancient people seem to have made a practice of going into combat naked.  The Celts were supposed to wear nothing but their tattoos into battle, apparently to scare their enemies.
Or as a show of courage.
"I don't need some stinkin' armour to beat a whimp like you!"  :cartoonviking:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 17, 2016, 02:27:34 PM

Or as a show of courage.

I'm sticking with scaring their enemies, if nothing else than the fear of being attacked by a lunatic.  Anyway, tho I know zero about combat, I've always thought armour could be a real disadvantage in many cases -- it has to seriously slow the fighter down and interfere with his range of motion.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 17, 2016, 03:11:19 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 17, 2016, 02:27:34 PM

Or as a show of courage.

I'm sticking with scaring their enemies, if nothing else than the fear of being attacked by a lunatic.  Anyway, tho I know zero about combat, I've always thought armour could be a real disadvantage in many cases -- it has to seriously slow the fighter down and interfere with his range of motion.

I think bigger problems would be overheating and not being able to see through really thin visor slits.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey