News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

^^ Cool.  The Thames looks like a snake heading east.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Crow

I'm pretty much the total opposite. Primarily shop at marks' and waitrose (if it isn't a green grocers where I usually buy most of my food from) and spend far far far too much on clothes, I'm well out of the loop on what are reasonable prices for clothes by sensible people.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Arrakis ... Dune ... wasteland of the Empire, and the most valuable planet in the universe. Because it is here — and only here — where spice is found. The spice. Without it there is no commerce in the Empire, there is no civilization. Arrakis ... Dune ... home of the spice, greatest of treasure in the universe. And he who controls it, controls our destiny.

Now proof the worms of Arrakis are real, only smaller than imagined.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 25, 2016, 03:21:03 PM
I could be like that with books. However, kind neighbours leave a lot of books on pretty much all topics downstairs, from which I just take my pick. For me pretty much every book lost its monetary value. I have a book self filled with goodies that I didn't yet read. Whenever I finish a good one, I try to push it to my friends to read. If they don't take it, I just take it downstairs. To top it off, my local library organizes a book sale twice a year. Loooots of books on every topic, with a price tag of 50 cents. And further, my local uni library organizes a book give away, thousands of still quite recent books on every conceivable academic topic, for free. Finally, most flea markets now offer almost all their books for free, now that no one would buy them anyways. Those are not the best literary quality, but still decent enough that if I didn't have anything else to read, I would find something from their wares for sure. :)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 27, 2016, 12:30:54 AM
^^ Are you sure that's not a stealth seal?

Oh I'm quite sure that is a desert worm from Arrakis, quite sure. (They're also cuter than I imagined)

joeactor

Apparently, Tank's been moonlighting as a cartoon super villain:

(from a recent "Venture Bros" episode...)