News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on January 23, 2022, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: Icarus on January 23, 2022, 02:23:42 AM
Billy may or not approve of this Appalachian instructional about a good breakfast.  For all you Furrieners, here is the way the hill people do their thing.
    Yummy!

( I hope that I posted this correctly. Mags told me how to do it and I am practicing with her advice.)
:frolic:
:yes!:
You did it right!
:hug2:

50 Shades of beige!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billyportne

Wow, what an interesting thread. Seeing is better than saying but context is important too. This is my son finishing the June Lake Triathlon. That's me in the blue-green trunks just to the right of his mother's auburn hair running down to congratulate him.

Happiness is like moonshine. Make your own and you'll never run out. But keep in mind that life is not a playground. It's a classroom where you get the test first and the lesson after.

Tank

Quote from: billyportne on February 07, 2022, 04:58:53 PM
Wow, what an interesting thread. Seeing is better than saying but context is important too. This is my son finishing the June Lake Triathlon. That's me in the blue-green trunks just to the right of his mother's auburn hair running down to congratulate him.

Good to see you have worked out how to link an image. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Your philosophic tag is pretty good too, Billyportne

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

How geological books should be stacked in the library.

Recusant

Excellent stuff, both. I like the de-evolution of the horse image. Or perhaps it can be considered evolution, given that for over a century now the most esteemed fine art has almost completely shunned realism in favor of more esoteric expressions. :smokin cool:

Really dig the geology shelf too.  :D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on February 21, 2022, 07:24:33 AM
Excellent stuff, both. I like the de-evolution of the horse image. Or perhaps it can be considered evolution, given that for over a century now the most esteemed fine art has almost completely shunned realism in favor of more esoteric expressions. :smokin cool:

Really dig the geology shelf too.  :D

Artists are really struggling these days, a lot of folks out there think everyone just does things for exposure. An artist I know here in Detroit was asked to do a rather large piece for the lobby of a commercial building. The company met with her, and they discussed what type of work they were considering. It was to be a somewhat large piece, and would have taken her several weeks to complete, and that's after all of the preliminary work which would be required as well. When she brought up pricing they told her they were thinking she would do it for free, since the location of the artwork would be highly visible, and they thought she would be willing to do the work as a form of advertising/exposure. They assured her that her name would be prominently displayed.

They then said they would be willing to cover the cost of material, and other expenses, and she told them part of the expenses would be her pay for doing the work.

So they told her no. :P

I love the geology one as well, very cool and smart.

This  one is good!

billy rubin

opera isike that too with money.

i know a baritone in nyc. when ever he auditions he has to ask, are you paying tbeperformercor this part?

dallas opera is tbesame way. nobody in tbe chorus gets paid anhthing, ever

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

This is how I think "Ecurb Noselrub"  might respond if he came across a message in a bottle :toff:

Biggus Dickus

Hey -

I know we have some folks here who are really into Motorcycles, and I was wondering if you can help me identify the bike in this picture.

Looks like some type of cruiser, but I'm not really sure what make or model that is,...it's not a Harley right?

(I've been studying this picture for hours trying to figure this out)

Please help!!

Icarus

billy rubin

i dunno what it is either but the headlights are on high beam

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

For want of a better place to put this bit of information, we shall post it here.

How did we come to accept that our keyboard is the most appropriate way to convey some degree of understanding?  Here is a trace of our ever changing manner of communication.

billy rubin

well not everybody started out with cuneiform