News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i have found that intravenous injection of excessive amounts of vegetable alkaloids can cause unconsciousness

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

TheFightSong

Quote from: Magdalena on January 30, 2022, 02:46:49 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on January 29, 2022, 09:12:35 PM
I have studied chemistry and did experiments on people...

Your replies are interesting including that highly attractive profile picture of yours.

:popcorn:

I sense you are emotional and smart. You are definitely more willing to be tactful and less creepy than I am. That I can assure you. But I will say my experiments on people were done by willing participants and legal methods whether you believe me or not. Though, I would not be surprised if you were cautious about me.

Magdalena

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 01, 2022, 11:58:23 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 30, 2022, 02:46:49 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on January 29, 2022, 09:12:35 PM
I have studied chemistry and did experiments on people...

Your replies are interesting including that highly attractive profile picture of yours.

:popcorn:

I sense you are emotional and smart. You are definitely more willing to be tactful and less creepy than I am. That I can assure you. But I will say my experiments on people were done by willing participants and legal methods whether you believe me or not. Though, I would not be surprised if you were cautious about me.

I find you, interesting.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

If a man states he will fix something, then there is no reason or need to remind him of it every three months...arg. ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 04, 2022, 03:47:09 PM
If a man states he will fix something, then there is no reason or need to remind him of it every three months...arg. ::)

:rofl:

You lucky bastard! Three months? You don't know you're born! Three weeks more like!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billyportne

My wife reminds me every three days to not be grumpy, saying, "Cheer up. Things could be worse." So, yesterday I tried it and sure enough, things got worse... :(
Happiness is like moonshine. Make your own and you'll never run out. But keep in mind that life is not a playground. It's a classroom where you get the test first and the lesson after.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

i am sitting in a truckstop in quakertown pennsylvania

waiting for my travel agent to get me a load home. today is wednesday and i have a denral appointment friday, and the day is slipping away.

the last time i was in quakertown it was years ago on halloween, and i walked into a shippers warehouse dressed in traditional quaker plain dress, monochrpme clothing, leather suspenders, broad brimmed hat

because i dressed plain back then

and tbe warehouse guy looked at me and burst out

trick or treat!

he lived and worked in quakertown USA and had never seen a real quaker.

no danger of that now, as im wearing blue jeans and save the broadbrimmed hat for funerals and weddings

but i have 5.15 hours left today and need a load headed west.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

could be worse.

theguy next to me zhowed up at a grocery distribution center at 0730 this morning with some 40 000 pounds of strawberries from florida.

they said, we dont have room. come back and unload at 1930 tonight.

they mis ordered and just want him to destroy his whole week while use his trailer for storage.

so his broker offers him $250 for waiting all day but he loses his next load and the one after that too, and is stuck with four dollar fuel burning on his reefer to keep the refridge unit on.

he has just turned it off. good on him

Tom62

Last week, Zelda the cat, decided to pay me a visit in my home office. After walking on my HP Omen 17 gaming laptop, she decided that it would be fun to tear off the F7 function key with her ultra sharp claws. Let's just say that I was not amused >:(. The key hinge was broken, but luckily I found a replacement online for less than 5 EUR (shipping included). After a delicate operation, the key is now working again :).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Biggus Dickus

Zelda is a good name for a kat. When our kids were little we had a kat named Fiona (Apple), another kat named Goku, a turtle named Gamera, and two hamsters, one who was named Tico-Taco and the other who was called Paella.

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 10, 2022, 08:50:19 PM
Zelda is a good name for a kat. When our kids were little we had a kat named Fiona (Apple), another kat named Goku, a turtle named Gamera, and two hamsters, one who was named Tico-Taco and the other who was called Paella.
My cat's name is Fiona!  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 10, 2022, 09:26:29 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 10, 2022, 08:50:19 PM
My cat's name is Fiona!  :)

Small world :terrapin:...well not everything ::)