Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 02, 2019, 03:45:59 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 02, 2019, 03:23:07 PM
My left eye has been twitching for the last four days or so, and it's not a slight twitch either. My entire lower eyelid moves like it's trying to break free from my face.  ::)

Have you been exposed to dichloromethane, choloroform, or any other chlorinated compounds?

:notsure: Not that I know of...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 02, 2019, 03:47:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 02, 2019, 03:23:07 PM
My left eye has been twitching for the last four days or so, and it's not a slight twitch either. My entire lower eyelid moves like it's trying to break free from my face.  ::)

Stress causes that with me. I look like a damn tweaker when it happens.

Same with me, but I'm not feeling particularly stressed out these days. I guess the alternate explanation must be true, that my lower eyelid has evolved a mind of its own and is desperately trying to emancipate itself, just like Purple.

:thoughtful: maybe the two are related...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

I made a batch of roasted carrot soup as Mr M bought a kilo of carrots for 9p (11 cents?), poured it into jars and placed in fridge. Didn't screw the inner part of the last lid on, just the outer screw. It landed all over the fridge, the cupboard below and the floor.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 04, 2019, 04:50:00 PM
I made a batch of roasted carrot soup as Mr M bought a kilo of carrots for 9p (11 cents?), poured it into jars and placed in fridge. Didn't screw the inner part of the last lid on, just the outer screw. It landed all over the fridge, the cupboard below and the floor.

Serious grumpy mode!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

TNP is wondering why I need underpants
False, an atheist learns to let the imponderables pass.

That's brilliant and yet no one is going put it in their sig.
Probably not.
It's because they hate us.
Us? they like me.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

It's one goddamned thing after another.  As if we did not have enough to make us unhappy, there is this.......a  bug is messing with our ability to grow grapes so as to make wine............(sigh)  WWJD?

https://www.wired.com/story/this-voracious-unstoppable-bug-is-killing-off-vineyards/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Buddy

When it rains it pours apparently.

My biological grandfather is on life support. I'm at the hospital now with my mom. From what little information we have it's not looking good.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I'm sorry to hear that Buddy. I know it doesn't mean much but if there's anything I can do, let me know.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Thanks JJ. Honestly, I have an almost nonexistent relationship with him. He all but abandoned my mom to start a new family and made it clear that he liked them more. But my mom still loves him and is going through a difficult time so I'm trying my best to be there in any way.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2019, 12:46:34 AM
It's one goddamned thing after another.  As if we did not have enough to make us unhappy, there is this.......a  bug is messing with our ability to grow grapes so as to make wine............(sigh)  WWJD?

https://www.wired.com/story/this-voracious-unstoppable-bug-is-killing-off-vineyards/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Need to find its predator,  tout-suite!

hermes2015

Well, my partner is in Canada and my ex and my daughter and grandson left last night for a 3 week holiday in Lebanon. So now, apart from a few close friends, I am left to my own devices for the rest of August. You guys will have to keep me in check.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 08, 2019, 03:40:22 AM
Thanks JJ. Honestly, I have an almost nonexistent relationship with him. He all but abandoned my mom to start a new family and made it clear that he liked them more. But my mom still loves him and is going through a difficult time so I'm trying my best to be there in any way.

Families are complex things.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Just took him off life support and let him pass. Everyone is sharing stories about him but I don't have anything to add. He was basically a stranger. I'm hurting for my mom.

Dark Lightning

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on August 10, 2019, 12:11:54 AM
Just took him off life support and let him pass. Everyone is sharing stories about him but I don't have anything to add. He was basically a stranger. I'm hurting for my mom.

Just listen. Everyone who knew him will have a lot to process and a sympathetic ear goes a long, long way.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz