News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2019, 03:24:29 AM
I get bored with stuff like that. I really don't like television anymore and my drive to read has really gone down recently. Could have something to do with my declining vision. There's some decent content on YouTube these days but that's about it.

More HAF time?  :heyhey:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm always around... I'm the only one here a lot of it, but I'm always around...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2019, 11:12:19 PM
I'm always around... I'm the only one here a lot of it, but I'm always around...

Yeah, me too. HAF demands sacrifice, mostly of your time...mostly. :grin:

jumbojak

It's not all that bad, especially when a familiar face... er, avatar shows up.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2019, 11:19:03 PM
It's not all that bad, especially when a familiar face... er, avatar shows up.

Yes, that's the great thing about small communities. It has its pluses. 

Icarus

JJ have you tried any of that CBD stuff?  All sorts of people within my sphere have claimed that it relieves all sorts of maladies.  Friend wife among them.   It is a bit pricey at this time but the dosage is very small in normal circumstances.  It is also being used for dogs that have some physical issues. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on April 30, 2019, 01:53:14 AM
JJ have you tried any of that CBD stuff?  All sorts of people within my sphere have claimed that it relieves all sorts of maladies.  Friend wife among them.   It is a bit pricey at this time but the dosage is very small in normal circumstances.  It is also being used for dogs that have some physical issues.

Cannabidiol?

jumbojak

I have not. Pain isn't the issue right now, though I deal with pain on a daily basis. I can handle pain that would cripple most people. At the moment it's extreme fatigue that has me grounded. Lifting, fast movement. All of that is exhausting. Even my walk today might've been a bit much.

Icarus

Yes, Silver. It is all the rage here in the states.  It has become legal to buy and sell.  Not the same part of the canabis plant that can make you high.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on April 30, 2019, 11:16:05 PM
Yes, Silver. It is all the rage here in the states.  It has become legal to buy and sell.  Not the same part of the canabis plant that can make you high.

That's interesting. I know that it's used to treat disorders such as epilepsy when other medications fail, but never heard of its use for chronic pain. :chin:

hermes2015

It's a bicyclic derivative of tetrahydrocannabinol (which is tricyclic).
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 01, 2019, 04:25:41 AM
It's a bicyclic derivative of tetrahydrocannabinol (which is tricyclic).

Reminds me of a lousy translation I found in a Lehninger's Principals of Biochemistry textbook. They translated 'bicycle' into 'bicicleta' which is...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:d'oh!:

Magdalena

I just got me a nice bottle of wine and I have no one to share it with. I can't remember if that's a reason to be grumpy or a reason to be cheerful.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 12:13:42 AM
I just got me a nice bottle of wine and I have no one to share it with. I can't remember if that's a reason to be grumpy or a reason to be cheerful.

:therethere:

jumbojak

Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 12:13:42 AM

Depends on how you are drinking alone. Some do so very well but others are taken to a dark, dangerous place. I don't drink at all anymore.