News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 07:39:29 PM
I don't know. Never actually saw a doctor and didn't know who to ask. An assistant referred me to a cardiologist though. Not sure how that works either. The assistant diagnosing me and providing the referral, I mean.

Might just be standard procedure.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 21, 2019, 05:23:52 PM
You have some crap going on there, jj. May you be graced with more competent medical help.

In my case, that nice clean piece of wood that gouged my arm had some sort of gack on it, and now the gouges are infected. I can't use any sort of topical antibacterial ointments such as Bacitracin, I'm allergic to all of them.

Yikes, can't use Bacitracin either (I'm allergic to sulfa). According to my mother I gave her quite the scare when she discovered that fact!

QuoteI have to scrub the open wounds with soap and water, then apply new bandages.  :(

:o

Iodine?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 05:15:36 PM
I got an EMS trainee to draw blood. She looked at the vein in my left arm and said, "This is going to be soooo easy...." then said, "Shit, I blew it!" This was while blood was pouring out of me onto the bed.

You know, reminds me of the day a nurse told me I had "very slippery veins" as she chased them with the needle in my arm.  :faints:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2019, 12:00:00 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 21, 2019, 05:23:52 PM
You have some crap going on there, jj. May you be graced with more competent medical help.

In my case, that nice clean piece of wood that gouged my arm had some sort of gack on it, and now the gouges are infected. I can't use any sort of topical antibacterial ointments such as Bacitracin, I'm allergic to all of them.

Yikes, can't use Bacitracin either (I'm allergic to sulfa). According to my mother I gave her quite the scare when she discovered that fact!

QuoteI have to scrub the open wounds with soap and water, then apply new bandages.  :(

:o

Iodine?

I was told no peroxide or something else that I don't recall at the moment. I had a flap of skin torn off my left arm when I ran into a melamine cabinet (that thin coating is like a razor blade!) years ago, and used peroxide to clean the wound. I have a pronounced scar that never tans, as a result. I'm hoping that this series of wounds won't scar, though to be honest, at the age of 66, what do I care if I ain't pretty!? Maybe iodine won't cause scarring, I dunno. My hands and wrists have been injured so many times in my life, working as a mechanic, in construction and welding that some scars are obliterated by others. I could go to the wound clinic for free, and may ask about that when I go for a blood pressure check tomorrow. Every time I go to "urgent care" or the ER, I have elevated blood pressure. Well, DUH, I'm hurting and/or sick, or I wouldn't be there! I guess I should relax when I'm leaking bodily fluids.  ::)

jumbojak

I'm now scheduled with a cardiologist on the 1st. They said as soon as possible but that's the first appointment available.  ::)

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on April 22, 2019, 04:19:40 PM
I'm now scheduled with a cardiologist on the 1st. They said as soon as possible but that's the first appointment available.  ::)

How do you feel now?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on April 22, 2019, 06:33:05 PM

How do you feel now?

Old, tired, crippled. Normal for me.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on April 22, 2019, 06:54:27 PM

How do you feel now?

And looking forward to a cage fight!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

How do you feel now?

Hopefully it isn't life threatening.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on April 22, 2019, 07:13:24 PM

How do you feel now?

:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2019, 08:48:58 PM

How do you feel now?

I suppose it is comical. And probably outside the realm of possibility now. I thought the fatigue was from a rough weekend but I'm way more drained than I should be. I feel like I just went three rounds and I've been sitting for the last hour after a nap in the car. Couldn't make it to class but I did go in and talk with them.

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2019, 05:29:08 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
I left the stickers on and the nuff nuffs took them off. And couldn't get the new ones on...

Sorry, nuff nuffs?  :no idea:

An Aussie frIend taught me that. Essentially it means dummy.

Only with extra dumb...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Every time I go to the doctor I get gigged for elevated blood pressure. Yesterday I went for a follow up BP check. The nurse checked it twice with the machine, and it was still elevated. So she took it the old-fashioned way with a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. 114/66. She said that my pulse is light (?) and that the machines have trouble detecting it and will squeeze extra tightly to get the pulse. That makes both numbers read high! The same thing happened when I went to the doctor week before last. He also ended up checking it manually and my blood pressure was fine. Anytime I get a high reading, I'm going to have them do it manually before they give me yet another referral.

Buddy

ATMs are going to be the death of me.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 23, 2019, 12:01:20 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2019, 08:48:58 PM

How do you feel now?

I suppose it is comical. And probably outside the realm of possibility now. I thought the fatigue was from a rough weekend but I'm way more drained than I should be. I feel like I just went three rounds and I've been sitting for the last hour after a nap in the car. Couldn't make it to class but I did go in and talk with them.

Anemia? :notsure: