News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on January 27, 2019, 03:38:44 PM
One of our Main Coonies died this morning. I had to put her to sleep, because she was bleeding internally (with no hope for recovery) :'(.

Sorry to hear that, Tom. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Indeed, that's sad. Just think of all the fun you had together over the years. Makes it bittersweet. I have a Maltese that is almost 19, and it's mostly broken- cataracts, she's deaf, and wobbles when she walks. But she still bounces around in the morning and isn't in any pain. This is a pic from a couple of years ago. I was holding a treat in my hand, so had her undivided attention.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 28, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
Indeed, that's sad. Just think of all the fun you had together over the years. Makes it bittersweet. I have a Maltese that is almost 19, and it's mostly broken- cataracts, she's deaf, and wobbles when she walks. But she still bounces around in the morning and isn't in any pain. This is a pic from a couple of years ago. I was holding a treat in my hand, so had her undivided attention.

I'm a total sucker for cute pooches and that is a cute pooch!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Thanks! And every bit as sweet as the picture. She's the best dog I've ever had. I should have cloned her!

Buddy

I had to go to work  >:( -18F with -33 windchill. I literally have a blanket with me because this old building is freezing.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

No one

Dark Lightning

60s and raining. I've been hoping for rain for awhile, now. Some of the store parking lots have so much stuff spilled on them that my shoes get sticky when I walk through them.  :o

jumbojak

It was down to 14°F last night, which is nothing compared to other parts of the country, I freely admit that,  but I still got awfully frosty leaving the gym last night. I need to work out a change of clothes.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

It's been between -4°C to +4°C over the last few days. Not too bad compared to what some have been through as it has not snowed here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yeah, well... It has snowed here, and my terrace has needed constant snow removal for days now.  >:(

...Make a lazy-ass Asmo do manual labour like that!  >:( Disrespectful, it is. Wrong.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

You need a fresh batch of minions.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Yes.  :sadnod: New, tasty minions to comfort-eat, THEN shovel snow. "World's smallest Purple Violin"

...click on the pic to see the comparative difference between the actual Purple Violin and The Asmo's Purple Violin respectively. Say He isn't suffering! He dares you!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on February 01, 2019, 01:14:13 PM
Yes.  :sadnod: New, tasty minions to comfort-eat, THEN shovel snow. "World's smallest Purple Violin"

...click on the pic to see the comparative difference between the actual Purple Violin and The Asmo's Purple Violin respectively. Say He isn't suffering! He dares you!  >:(

;D

xSilverPhinx

Fell asleep this evening and now I don't think I'll sleep so easily tonight. I thought since I'm likely going to stay awake for a while, why not have loads of caffeinated drinks?

I instantly regretted my decision.  :-\

jumbojak

Don't you have a three day weekend? Stay up until sunrise and then sleep during the heat of the day.