News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

My cheesmaking seems to be getting progressively worse. This time despite upping the rennet to make a firmer curd the curd was looser. Like bowl of snot through a strainer kinda loose. Yeti diarrhea loose. Wouldn't stick together at all. I'll soldier on but my god is this frustrating.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

My state senator is in the middle of a food fight in the legislative body.  They are arguing the merits of different little tweaks that can be made to our state's gun laws.  She is convinced that the  only thing that will stop the crazies from shooting up schools or night clubs is Prayer.   "Only a higher power can prevent these events".   This is not even a bible belt state and I have to endure this kind of bullshit in my state government.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Icarus on March 09, 2018, 10:04:03 PM
My state senator is in the middle of a food fight in the legislative body.  They are arguing the merits of different little tweaks that can be made to our state's gun laws.  She is convinced that the  only thing that will stop the crazies from shooting up schools or night clubs is Prayer.   "Only a higher power can prevent these events".   This is not even a bible belt state and I have to endure this kind of bullshit in my state government.

We surely have our troubles inUK at the moment, but i'm pretty certain that no-one in politics here would dare suggest such a thing. One of our ex prime ministers, Tony Blair used to be asked about his faith but he was very cagey in his replies. As soon as he was out of office, he was received into the RC church, I believe under pressure from his wife. He made comments at the time that he would never have said while in office.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 09, 2018, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: Icarus on March 09, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

We surely have our troubles inUK at the moment, but i'm pretty certain that no-one in politics here would dare suggest such a thing. One of our ex prime ministers, Tony Blair used to be asked about his faith but he was very cagey in his replies. As soon as he was out of office, he was received into the RC church, I believe under pressure from his wife. He made comments at the time that he would never have said while in office.

Yup, are you heading for a theicracy over there?

Sorry, it's no joke.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

A lovely little Presbyterian church down the street has a billboard that says: There is power in prayer. ....I have so wanted to  append  their message: There is also potential power in combustible methane gas that arises from deposits of bullshit.........But I am a nice guy and it is a pretty little church and I suspect that the members are good people who do not need me to antagonize them. On the other hand it might be my civic duty to persuade  them to digest a small morsel of reality.   Oh what a dilemma.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on March 10, 2018, 05:57:21 PM
A lovely little Presbyterian church down the street has a billboard that says: There is power in prayer. ....I have so wanted to  append  their message: There is also potential power in combustible methane gas that arises from deposits of bullshit.........But I am a nice guy and it is a pretty little church and I suspect that the members are good people who do not need me to antagonize them. On the other hand it might be my civic duty to persuade  them to digest a small morsel of reality.   Oh what a dilemma.

You should add "If so pray for this to be erased!" in indelible marker pen to the billboard :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Dave

My newish downstairs neighbour must either have, a) a very dusty job, b) super chronic dandruff, or, c) a compulsive cleaning disorder.

7.25pm and he has just finished his daiky vacuum cleaning. That is an improvement on the daily ritual being carried out at 7.15am on Saturday because his little kid was coming! It can be any time, has been 11pm before now.

Not that the whine of the cleaner is that loud, prefer it to his (not too loud but "thumpity, thump through the floor) hiphop, or whatever, music.

[That reminds me, must check my diary - probably coming close to my six monthly ceremony of emptying the cleaner and going over the carpet and shelves to refill it . . .]

Arturo

This was disgusting but it does not warrant a thread

In fact it should warrant as an example to itself as something to never do, ever

I was in a chatroom where they were playing videos and the video they play was of a man trying 3 times to kill himself...and succeeded the last time by gun shot.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I am very bothered by the people I meet online sometimes. It feels like emotional abuse. I am currently filled with a lot of negative emotions right now and I want to hurt someone.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

Arturo, does being online feed you in any healthy, positive way?
Or is it mostly draining and creating negative feelings?

If there are places online that don't lift you up, please quit going to those places. They aren't good for you. Let those people in those forums destroy their own happiness and feed their own negativity. But you don't have to be part of that.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

I was grumpy with the siftware that could not see the oscillosvope.

Now I am grumpy with myself for not taking the message on the screen literally enough! The error message says "Please connect the oscilloscope First."  I had connected the oscilloscope, trying two USB leads and all three USB sockets!

No, it means (and there are no written instructions that I can find) that you have to connect the oscilloscope before starting the software . . . "First" as it were . . .

Next problem is that my laptop insists, despite being told to stay permanently awake on mains power, in going to sleep after ten minutes of not being tickled. On waking it, and signing back in, I have to close the 'scope software down and restart it before it csn see the 'scope again - then recover the settings (or set them all up again them if I did not save that setup to disc.)

Still will not save data to a USB stick though and still has fuzz. In correspondence with the seller.

Arturo

Quote from: Dragonia on March 13, 2018, 12:32:18 PM
Arturo, does being online feed you in any healthy, positive way?
Sometimes. And I stick to those places that it feels good to be at.
Or is it mostly draining and creating negative feelings?
No, if at all I am more happy now than I've been in a long time. The most toxic place to be was with my Dad and his ex wife.
If there are places online that don't lift you up, please quit going to those places. They aren't good for you. Let those people in those forums destroy their own happiness and feed their own negativity. But you don't have to be part of that.
I don't go to those places once I realize that they are bad for me.

The reason I left here I don't have to explain. I think everyone knows what went wrong without having to explain.

But with this other place, these were people that I had just met that I think were emotionally abusing me. It may be mere coincidence but I was about to post some music for someone to play (as they were the only one who could) and then I had been locked out of every website on the planet. I tested my connection with the windows trouble shooter and it said everything was fine though. When I came back, I explained my situation and was completely silent. The only response I got was "good night art" and then more silence.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2018, 07:54:58 PM
Argh, I'm tired. And hangry.

Sounds like your blood sugar is low, dear, go eat some chocolate cake or something equally sweet and comforting.

:grin: