News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 22, 2017, 03:12:18 AM
Washing machines are the devil's invention.
Nah... Ancient Asmos had them for tumbling individual weeds into tumbleweeds. They made tumbleweeds. That was before Luxembourg's treachery, you see. In a more civilized age, when men chopped each other to bits with swords, then held doors for the ladies, then raped said ladies every-which-way.

History is fun.

...What was The Asmo talking about..? Ah! Yes. Tumbleweeds. There is this plant living in... southern Africa, I think. It can tumble around the desert for decades, dead as a door nail. Then, if it hits a pool of water, it unfurls its branches and waits for rain to knock its seeds out of their sockets. Thus, the new generation of dead desert plants is born... Through a rare occurrence followed by another rare occurrence. I'm fascinated by it - there must be easier ways for a plant to spread its seeds, but without animals to eat them, and needing to cross a lot of ground to find some... Well, ground... It makes sense at the same time as it does not.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

I promised a girl from another forum I would train them and help them lose weight. I disclaimed that I am not a professional trainer and I wouldn't know how well I would be at helping her.

But shortly after I got her on a diet I asked to be temporarly banned from that forum because I was getting a little paranoid. I still lurk but I can't post.

Anyways I seen they posted today that it's been 7 days since they haven't lost a pound and I feel horrible because I feel partly responsible and also because I can't talk to them to help out or other things.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

BF asked me to buy a sympathy card because his brother's dog, who was originally his brother's on-again, off-again girlfriend's dog passed away.

So I did.

Come to find out he doesn't fucking know his brother's address, let alone whether the pair is currently on or off.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 29, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
BF asked me to buy a sympathy card because his brother's dog, who was originally his brother's on-again, off-again girlfriend's dog passed away.

So I did.

Come to find out he doesn't fucking know his brother's address, let alone whether the pair is currently on or off.

There is this magical thing, I think you'll like it. It's a phone.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

I don't even know what county my oldest brother lives in. I do know where the other lives but if you put a gun to my head for the address you'd just have to kill me.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Pasta Chick

I've only even been in the same room as him like 3 times. I definitely don't have his phone number, and even if I did it would be bizarre to call him and regardless of all that I don't see asking about his relationship status as going over very well.

I'm just not sure why he requested I buy a card given all of that.

Arturo

Someone got the information about the dog. Make them give you what you need.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: Arturo on July 30, 2017, 02:24:39 AM

Or else... Yoiuse sleep with the fishes... Capiche?!

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on July 30, 2017, 03:05:53 AM
Quote from: Arturo on July 30, 2017, 02:24:39 AM

Or else... Yoiuse sleep with the fishes... Capiche?!

Bettar keep ya lips tight or you'll be pushing up dasies.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

My daughter sent me this picture via text last night along with the following..., "We're watching you, everyday, and at night we sneak into your room, sit on your chest and stare, love the Kats"

Didn't really make me grumpy, but sort of freaked me out a bit...don't know where she gets such an odd and horrible sense of humor ::)

Really is a creepy kat :P
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

xSilverPhinx

I lost my student scholarship grant, along with all Scientific Initiation students who receive a measly amount from CNPq, the government entity that is responsible for these payments. It's broke, there's no more money with the deep recession Brazil is in and all the money these corrupt politicians keep stealing.

It wasn't much but it was my only stable ( ::) ) income.  I don't depend on that money but I know people who need it to pay rent and bills.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

That sucks. How long till you're no longer a student?

Dave

Does this actually mean you cannot continue your studies, Fernanda - or do so on the bread-line?

It is about time more countries took the Cinese attitude to corruption, they have been known to execute offenders. I am not against the death penalty, where warranted. I could almost make a case to my own conscience that the millions who live in misery due to a relatively few corrupt people is adequate justification.

This is why I will not donate to overseas based charities without knowing the local officials get absolutely no say in how the money is hsndled and used.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱