News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on November 02, 2016, 07:31:46 PM
Is there any practical way of getting some to you?

I ended up looking up a recipe for a pork based pie. It wasn't exactly what I had overseas but it was close enough and now I have a new recipe saved for future dinners.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

I'm curious what the specific glorious pie was. Steak and kidney? Steak and ale? Cornish pasty? A Melton Mowbray pork pie?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

Quote from: Buddy on November 03, 2016, 02:58:21 AM
Quote from: OldGit on November 02, 2016, 07:31:46 PM
Is there any practical way of getting some to you?

I ended up looking up a recipe for a pork based pie. It wasn't exactly what I had overseas but it was close enough and now I have a new recipe saved for future dinners.
You could also look for a market that specializes in imported foods. They are great places to explore, even if they don't carry meat pies.  :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

I've been sick starting every night when I go to bed. Now I'm sick all the time and with a had ache that is only relieved when I'm asleep. Can't take anything for it because I will puke it right up.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Apathy on November 03, 2016, 10:34:33 AM
I've been sick starting every night when I go to bed. Now I'm sick all the time and with a had ache that is only relieved when I'm asleep. Can't take anything for it because I will puke it right up.

What did you eat today?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 03, 2016, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: Apathy on November 03, 2016, 10:34:33 AM

What did you eat today?

I had some cereal and then this pizza thing called a boat.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

One of my computers froze up solid with a big blue screen that said I must telephone 1- 877 *&^%$# To resolve the issue. The Indian sounding person on the other end of the line claimed to be under contract from Microsoft for the purpose of solving big troubles.  The big blue screen warned that I must not shut down my computer, or else the claimed virus would eat all my apps. The alleged name of the outfit that MicroSoft hired is : Criticalreports83.com.

I shut my computer down any way. Surprise! The obvious scam was no longer in command of my screen.  A friend who is IT wise told me that if an intruder insists that I call a phone number, just pretend to tell them to fuck off and carry on from there, without making the call.

That ain't all that causes me to be grumpy.  Three days ago I am playing with my other computer. Actually I was listening, on a you tube vid, to an orchestral arrangement of a Leroy Anderson piece of music. It was the typewriter song.  Somewhere in the middle of the piece the computer went blank and a godawful screeching sound like a runaway grist mill came out of my speakers. I hurriedly shut off the main power supply switch.It sounded like the whole thing was going to erupt in flame or worse.  After a few minutes I attempted to turn the computer back on. It would not respond. Awwww Sheeeit!! I have smoked off my magic box.

Off to the computer repair guy. In that shop (Office Depot actually) the machine fired right up but it had some nasty viruses or pneumonia, syphilis,  or maybe bubonic plague. One hundred dollars later it works fine and I am typing this bitch session on the computer that made all that expensive sounding noise.

MariaEvri

oh man I hate it when our pcs get the bubonic plaque. Last summer I had to empty my savings account because my old pc decided to die

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Guardian85

My car caught fire this morning.
While trying to start it after a night shift at the dorm I think something shorted out in the engine compartment. After refusing to start smoke started coming out from under the bonnet. Opened it, and saw a merry little flame dancing around down there, right around the starter. Being well versed in this sort of emergency I got the fire extinguisher and killed it before it could escalate, but the car is dead for now. Waiting for tomorrow to hear what the people at the garage need to do to resurrect it.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dragonia

Ugh, car trouble-- a definite reason to be grumpy. Maybe they can just replace your started real quick and she'll be good as new!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 07, 2016, 04:16:32 PM
While trying to start it after a night shift at the dorm I think something shorted out in the engine compartment. After refusing to start smoke started coming out from under the bonnet. Opened it, and saw a merry little flame dancing around down there, right around the starter. Being well versed in this sort of emergency I got the fire extinguisher and killed it before it could escalate, but the car is dead for now. Waiting for tomorrow to hear what the people at the garage need to do to resurrect it.
:therethere:
This is the black van?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

That thing's an Fing money pit!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on November 07, 2016, 07:18:06 PM
That thing's an Fing money pit!
Oh yeah! There is an oil leak to be sorted and a busted hand brake as well. Seriously considering acquiring alternate transportation and either parting it out or scrapping it. Three major blow-ups in three weeks is my limit. Particularly when one of those blow-ups is of the fire and smoke variety!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Damn, that really sucks G85. :/
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MariaEvri

im grumpy cause it's novembr, we're still wearing t-shirts and not a cloud in the sky
Some say, well Cyprus is supposed to be hot but I say no. NO *slap
it is hot in the spring and in the summer, not not!
Now I was supposed to be wearing a long sleeve, maybe a sweater!!
Our dams are already dry from last year';s drought, if the weather doesn't change we're screwed
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com