News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 18, 2016, 01:47:30 PM
Quote from: Buddy on October 08, 2016, 06:24:59 AM
I swear I try not to discriminate but I groan every time I get a table with an old man. Nine times out of ten they make nasty comments and stare at my chest the entire time I serve them.

You should get a shirt with writing that says something like "this is not my face", or something.
Other ideas may include a picture of a hairy ball sack, a diseased prostate or the more politically correct "This bitch bites" in pink. That will give them something to mutter nastiness about!  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on October 18, 2016, 02:02:58 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 18, 2016, 01:47:30 PM
Quote from: Buddy on October 08, 2016, 06:24:59 AM
I swear I try not to discriminate but I groan every time I get a table with an old man. Nine times out of ten they make nasty comments and stare at my chest the entire time I serve them.

You should get a shirt with writing that says something like "this is not my face", or something.
Other ideas may include a picture of a hairy ball sack, a diseased prostate or the more politically correct "This bitch bites" in pink. That will give them something to mutter nastiness about!  ;D

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

A girl I liked is sending me pictures of herself "in the act" and I'm just not down with it. I knew she was in a relationship but I'm not into that high school social wars. Not that she is in high school, it's just the way she acts. And I can see it becoming way too competitive and I'm not willing to sacrifice the energy or the little bit of my soul every girl seems to take. I'm not a bad guy, I just avoid telling someone I don't like them from fear of rejection of myself.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Essie Mae

Quote from: Apathy on October 23, 2016, 09:13:10 AM
A girl I liked is sending me pictures of herself "in the act" and I'm just not down with it. I knew she was in a relationship but I'm not into that high school social wars. Not that she is in high school, it's just the way she acts. And I can see it becoming way too competitive and I'm not willing to sacrifice the energy or the little bit of my soul every girl seems to take. I'm not a bad guy, I just avoid telling someone I don't like them from fear of rejection of myself.

I'm almost speechless. Sometimes I'm glad I'm getting on a bit; we never had to worry about those things and now never will. It really worries me for my granddaughters though. Life must be pretty tough for the people who don't want any part of it.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Pasta Chick

Is her SO into it? I've had that problem several times.

I'm glad people can do their thing with more social acceptance but I'm really not outgoing enough to get involved in open relationships. And maybe I'm just dealing with jerks but I get a lot of "hey we thought you cool" type peer pressure from it.

Essie Mae

Grrrrr. Mr Mae may be the love of my life, but he's pushing his luck. He helped his brother to clear out a garage he was renting and no longer wanted. They put loads of stuff in a skip, and my BiL was going to chuck his old railway magazines in with it. Mr M thought this was a shame; he thought he could sell/give them away, so he brought them home and moved some things into the loft to make room in the garage for these magazines, going back over 40 years. THERE ARE ABOUT 5000 OF THEM. And no-one wants them it seems; there are loads of them on EBAY. Well we are trying to find if anyone wants them; we found a railway appreciation society, but they didn't want them. I am not happy.

Tom62

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 24, 2016, 12:16:28 AM
Grrrrr. Mr Mae may be the love of my life, but he's pushing his luck. He helped his brother to clear out a garage he was renting and no longer wanted. They put loads of stuff in a skip, and my BiL was going to chuck his old railway magazines in with it. Mr M thought this was a shame; he thought he could sell/give them away, so he brought them home and moved some things into the loft to make room in the garage for these magazines, going back over 40 years. THERE ARE ABOUT 5000 OF THEM. And no-one wants them it seems; there are loads of them on EBAY. Well we are trying to find if anyone wants them; we found a railway appreciation society, but they didn't want them. I am not happy.

The other way around could be much worse. A former colleague of mine moved from South Africa to the Netherlands. While packing, his wife threw away loads of old magazines, including the complete collection of  Mad magazines from 1955 to 1988. Let's just say that my colleague wasn't really happy when he found out.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Essie Mae

Quote from: Tom62 on October 24, 2016, 07:30:45 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on October 24, 2016, 12:16:28 AM

The other way around could be much worse. A former colleague of mine moved from South Africa to the Netherlands. While packing, his wife threw away loads of old magazines, including the complete collection of  Mad magazines from 1955 to 1988. Let's just say that my colleague wasn't really happy when he found out.

That I get. No, actually I don't. Why do people keep old magazines that they never look at? We have about 20 issues of 'Roy of the Rovers' from the 50s in our loft. Why?

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 24, 2016, 12:12:57 AM
Is her SO into it? I've had that problem several times.

I'm glad people can do their thing with more social acceptance but I'm really not outgoing enough to get involved in open relationships. And maybe I'm just dealing with jerks but I get a lot of "hey we thought you cool" type peer pressure from it.

No, her SO doesn't even know me and her are a thing as far as I know.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I feel sick.  :sneezy:

No lemons and no hot whiskey in stock.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 24, 2016, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 24, 2016, 06:37:46 PM

:console:

Thank you.  :) On the plus side I stayed home and slept almost all through today.

Guardian85

Sounds like an expedition must be sent to the drug store (liquor  store).

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Guardian85 on October 24, 2016, 10:26:25 PM

Sounds like an expedition must be sent to the drug store (liquor  store).

Yes.  :chin:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱