News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: Tank on September 24, 2016, 06:33:14 AM
Quote from: Velma on September 24, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
I've gained six pounds in two months. This despite walking more and trying to eat better. All the months I was in a wheelchair, using a walker, then using a cane, and barely moving, I didn't gain any weight. Now I'm depressed.
That's odd.
Yes it is. I saw my regular doctor Friday. He ordered blood work. I should know the results of that by early next week. At this point, I'm not sure which would be worse - finding out I have yet another condition or finding out I don't.  :query:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

I ordered something off Amazon and it had to be apart of an order of so much amount, so I bought more items to be of so much amount. And then I found out I didn't have the money for the items and had to cancel one. I forgot that it had to be the so much amount and tried to cancel the other items as well but Amazon said it was unable to do so. So I figured it's ok, I'm still getting the things I want and saving money. But when I check back later Amazon is saying it's attempting to cancel my order now.  >:( So now I might get NOTHING and won't know until tomorrow when they come back to check their orders.

Edit: so I just checked Amazon and my orders are coming in as scheduled  :frolic:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Harmonie

As is per usual with me, the weather is making me very grumpy.

It's 90 degrees today. It'll drop to the low 70s for a high tomorrow and that will be pretty nice, but then it shoots straight back up to the mid 80s in no time.

I've had it with this weather! Every year fall gets pushed back further, winter slips even closer to non-existence, and summer comes earlier. Pft. Might as well just live in Florida. At least there I'd never be disappointed, because it's supposed to be like that there.

Quote from: Velma on September 24, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
I've gained six pounds in two months. This despite walking more and trying to eat better. All the months I was in a wheelchair, using a walker, then using a cane, and barely moving, I didn't gain any weight. Now I'm depressed.

Weight can be a very frustrating thing. I can't really compare my situation to yours, but I will say that I was drinking tons of Coke/Pepsi/etc. and dropped it instantly and switched to only water/sparkling water, and I lost 10-15 pounds in a very short amount of time... but then it bottomed out and goes back up sometimes even five pounds on some days, despite still only drinking water.  :sadcheer:

Please don't beat yourself up over it.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Essie Mae

I find I love the hot weather when I'm on holiday, as now, but it's no fun if you have to work in it. Is it humid where you are? That is very uncomfortable.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Davin

It just recently started cooling down here, today it was only 67° at 6am on my way in to work.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Harmonie

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 06, 2016, 09:29:16 PM
I find I love the hot weather when I'm on holiday, as now, but it's no fun if you have to work in it. Is it humid where you are? That is very uncomfortable.

I don't know whether it's really humid or not. I dislike heat whether it's humid or not. Of course, if it is humid it is worse, but it is October, and 90s should be long gone by now.

Quote from: Davin on October 06, 2016, 09:53:05 PM
It just recently started cooling down here, today it was only 67° at 6am on my way in to work.

Where do you live that 67 degrees early in the morning is 'cool'? o.o

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Pasta Chick

Well, it was about 75 early morning with 80% or higher humidity for like 2 months straight, so 67 has been a nice reprieve. Except we mostly skipped that part, where it just dries off and is warm but not overwhelmingly warm. We went from daytime near triple digit highs with near 100% humidity to daytime highs of low 60's almost overnight. Yet haven't really lost the humidity. It's kinda gross.

Also it's somehow been wet for like 2 weeks straight, but we're still in a horrendous drought. So it's not really raining, everything is just wet all the time. It's weird. I didn't believe it until I took the dogs out biking and all of the swampy beaver ponds and such we passed were almost completely dry.

Harmonie

I'd take that. We haven't had a single daytime high below like 85 since autumn hit.

Oddly enough there were (rare) days in July and August where it didn't make it out of the 70s.

Davin

Quote from: Harmonie on October 07, 2016, 02:53:56 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on October 06, 2016, 09:29:16 PM

I don't know whether it's really humid or not. I dislike heat whether it's humid or not. Of course, if it is humid it is worse, but it is October, and 90s should be long gone by now.

Quote from: Davin on October 06, 2016, 09:53:05 PM

Where do you live that 67 degrees early in the morning is 'cool'? o.o
Down in AZ, it's fairly dry and warm here. Was a bit cooler this morning, just 65°.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Harmonie

Well, the cool front came through and now it's in the mid 50s with overcast skies and a breeze, and here in the afternoon. Now that's a nice autumn day.

Yet people around here are dressed like it's 20 degrees. So silly.

Buddy

It did cool down quite a bit here for a while, but now the temps are right back up to the mid 80s. It sucks because I want to wear sweaters but I can't.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

No one

I went to one of those "As seen on TV" stores, they did not have the hot red head from the Wendy's commercials.

Buddy

I swear I try not to discriminate but I groan every time I get a table with an old man. Nine times out of ten they make nasty comments and stare at my chest the entire time I serve them.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 08, 2016, 06:24:59 AM
I swear I try not to discriminate but I groan every time I get a table with an old man. Nine times out of ten they make nasty comments and stare at my chest the entire time I serve them.

You should get a shirt with writing that says something like "this is not my face", or something.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Everyone except me is in Argentina for a congress, which means I have to work this Saturday and Sunday to cover for them. :sad sigh: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey