Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

My favorite baseball team just signed Tim Tebow  >:(

Mets sign Tim Tebow to minor league deal

For those of you who don't remember or are not US-based, he's a former (US) football player who kept wearing religious bible verses on his eye shadow, loudly proclaimed his virginity, and prayed on the field so much that "Tebow-ing" became a verb. But he was a crappy quarterback and burned out quickly. Well, suddenly he decided he wanted to play baseball even though he hadn't since high school, and for some reason the Mets picked him up. Granted it's for their lowest Instructional League team, not the major league squad, but still...hate him.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Arturo

Because he is propagating false truths.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on September 08, 2016, 02:45:35 PM
My favorite baseball team just signed Tim Tebow  >:(

Mets sign Tim Tebow to minor league deal

For those of you who don't remember or are not US-based, he's a former (US) football player who kept wearing religious bible verses on his eye shadow, loudly proclaimed his virginity, and prayed on the field so much that "Tebow-ing" became a verb. But he was a crappy quarterback and burned out quickly. Well, suddenly he decided he wanted to play baseball even though he hadn't since high school, and for some reason the Mets picked him up. Granted it's for their lowest Instructional League team, not the major league squad, but still...hate him.

Sounds like a class-A idiot.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Quote from: Mr. B on September 08, 2016, 05:49:44 PM
Why do you hate him?

I don't hate him personally, I don't think he's a bad guy. It's more the media circus and how they fawned over him for being such a "good Christian role model". And this seems like a cheap ploy for media attention on the Mets side.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

No one

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 08, 2016, 08:07:21 AM
Sadly phone is co.mpletely dead. The Apple logo comes up briefly and then keeps going on and off. Then nothing.  :( :(

Speak not with forked tongue of the devices of the divine, lest the Jobinators come to do away with thee.

Essie Mae

Quote from: No one on September 09, 2016, 05:04:22 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on September 08, 2016, 08:07:21 AM
Sadly phone is co.mpletely dead. The Apple logo comes up briefly and then keeps going on and off. Then nothing.  :( :(

Speak not with forked tongue of the devices of the divine, lest the Jobinators come to do away with thee.

OK, OK. It's gradually improving - managing to get contact info a bit at a time.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

Well here's a cheek; you Murrikins are nicking our salmon! We went into Morrisons to order a whole salmon for a family gathering and to borrow their fish kettle and they told us that Murrikin salmon farming has failed this year because of disease, so they've offered the Norwegians more money for theirs than we pay for it, so it's all gone across The Pond!!!! That's their story anyway; we will be trying elsewhere. Has anyone else heard this? We are still getting smoked salmon slices at reasonable prices. 😬
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

My dog pooped in the kitchen. The kitchen, of all places!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

That sounds like hogwash Essie Mae. We have a plentiful supply of salmon of several different varieties. None of it originates in the Baltic areas.   Wild salmon is a bit more expensive than farmed salmon and yes you can taste the difference.

Firebird

Insomnia...
I've been fine for months, but this is the second time within the past week I've barely been able to sleep. Hoping this isn't another trend.

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on September 11, 2016, 08:08:15 AM
Insomnia...
I've been fine for months, but this is the second time within the past week I've barely been able to sleep. Hoping this isn't another trend.
Well at least you know what it's like to go without sleep. A useful skill with your sprog on the way. Babies = insomnia + poo
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

I've gained six pounds in two months. This despite walking more and trying to eat better. All the months I was in a wheelchair, using a walker, then using a cane, and barely moving, I didn't gain any weight. Now I'm depressed.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on September 24, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
I've gained six pounds in two months. This despite walking more and trying to eat better. All the months I was in a wheelchair, using a walker, then using a cane, and barely moving, I didn't gain any weight. Now I'm depressed.
That's odd.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on September 24, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
:console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant