News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 28, 2016, 05:41:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 28, 2016, 06:52:22 AM
Quote from: Buddy on August 27, 2016, 09:01:09 PM
I'm working 5:30-1:30 and 2-10 today. Yuck

And now I'm grumpy because Fall Out Boy is in Leeds and I'm not.  >:(
There's always a holiday bed here if you want it.

I'm already putting away some spare change for another trip.  :)

:frolic: :cheerful dance 2: :frolic:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Now I wish I hadn't procrastinated on Saturday.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Pissed. Pissed. Just pissed! Not enough toilets in the world to hold my piss!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

I feel sick, but not sick enough to justify calling off work. But just sick enough that I can tell it's going to be miserable.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Essie Mae

Yesterday I killed my iPhone when it slipped out of my bank pocket into the loo. Have the ignorant-of-electronic-communications distrust of The Cloud, so contacts not backed up. Hoping that the SIM card will fit an old iPhone 4 once it has been charged, but most contacts were on phone, not card. Also don't know if I have to start all over again with WhatsApp. 😱
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Recusant

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 06, 2016, 10:19:04 AM
Yesterday I killed my iPhone when it slipped out of my bank pocket into the loo. Have the ignorant-of-electronic-communications distrust of The Cloud, so contacts not backed up. Hoping that the SIM card will fit an old iPhone 4 once it has been charged, but most contacts were on phone, not card. Also don't know if I have to start all over again with WhatsApp. 😱

I hope that you turned it off immediately. The usual procedure is to dry the exterior off as much as possible, then put it in a sealed (ziploc) bag filled with uncooked rice. "Dropped an iPhone in Water? Here's How to Save It from Water Damage"
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on September 06, 2016, 11:05:58 AM
Dropped an iPhone in Water? Here's How to Save It from Water Damage
Step one: call your insurance company.
Step two: get a replacement phone.

No reason not to get something back for the premiums you pay.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Mr. B

Quote from: Apathy on September 04, 2016, 05:17:08 AM
Pissed. Pissed. Just pissed! Not enough toilets in the world to hold my piss!

That seems like a rather counter intuitive comment, considering your user name.   :P
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Essie Mae

Quote from: Asmodean on September 06, 2016, 11:32:25 AM
Dropped an iPhone in Water? Here's How to Save It from Water Damage
Step one: call your insurance company.
Step two: get a replacement phone.

No reason not to get something back for the premiums you pay.
Quote from: Essie Mae on September 06, 2016, 10:19:04 AM

I hope that you turned it off immediately. The usual procedure is to dry the exterior off as much as possible, then put it in a sealed (ziploc) bag filled with uncooked rice. "Dropped an iPhone in Water? Here's How to Save It from Water Damage"

Yes, I turned it off at once although it seemed to be already off, and leaned it against the side of the airing cupboard quite near a hot pipe. I didn't know I about the rice trick. I did read that it should be left for 72 hours to dry out completely, so we're going to try out tomorrow. Meanwhile we have set up my old phone, but many of the contacts are missing and WhatsApp is partly working. Oh, and I was not insured. I always get a hand-me-down phones when my husband or daughter gets a new one.

Recusant

Hmm, I'd still go with the rice for a couple of days, to be on the safe side.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Holiday's over, everything goes back to normal tomorrow.

xSilverPhinx

The rice trick is interesting, it's for the same reason we put rice in salt containers (it "captures" humidity). I wouldn't have thought of putting wet cellphones in a sealed bag with rice...  :thoughtful:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Essie Mae

Sadly phone is co.mpletely dead. The Apple logo comes up briefly and then keeps going on and off. Then nothing.  :( :(